“Ekal conference” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
Chennai (Madras), India
“Ekal conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed for 2 days to attend Ekal Conference.Nice cosy environment. Service was good.Room was quite comfortable. The hotel lends a quiet atmosphere. The shuttle service was quite handy.
The conference hall served the purpose.Sound system was good too.It would be nice if Reception staff could sport smile.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your conference, we really do appreciate having you here. I am glad that transportation and the banquet arrangements worked out for the needs of the group. We look forward to seeing you again for future conferences as well. Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had the most incredible time at this holiday inn in rolling meadows, i have recommended it to all my chicago area friends for any event of theirs. I love the immersive, outdoors indoors atmosphere. I felt so safe and so at peace in the hotel and loved the gazebos and different scenic nooks in the central portion of the first floor. I also loved the food and the vibe of the workers-- everything was very positive and upbeat! definitely would stay again the next chance i get!

Room Tip: choose a room on the first floor for easy access to the environments.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of your stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide a beautiful description of our Holidome area and also for pointing out how the staff made you feel during your stay. Thanks again and we look forward to your return!!
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Rolling Meadows.I have a very good experience at all front, Stay, room service, food quality , test, even their staff is also very cooperative. An special point that I liked the most was the shuttle service to Ohare Airport. Very good. One phone call is enough to get the shuttle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words in regards to your stay at our location. We really do appreciate your feedback about our staff, facilities, and shuttle service. We try to make things as easy as possible for our guests, especially when they are attending such important events. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next conference. Thanks again
Sterling, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our local team had this hotel for annual conference for 3 days . In spite of bad weather on first day hotel team did a wonderful job to give the guest best welcome. next 3 days the location and indoor facility openness of the Holidome made their stay memorable. even food was catered to most vegetarian crowd was excellent and our last minute demand for a guest speaker overwhelming crowd was well taken care of. They also made arrangement for the late departing guests for their lunch and transport late into evening. We are very happy with their services at all level.

Room Tip: upstair room were quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us during your conference. We really do appreciate having you here. It is always very exciting to see these larger events take place at our property. Our chef will be very happy to hear the compliments about the food as their Team works very hard to accommodate the needs of all of our groups. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing your group next year also.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was hosted in this hotel for a week, and I can say that it´s a realy good choise if you wanna stay in the surroundings of Chicago Downtown. The facilities, the rooms, internet, the restaurant, everything is quite all right for an affordable price.

An special point that I liked the most was the shuttle service, in case you need to move between the hotel and any of the Convention Centers, the Train Station or wherever.
The attention by one of the managers, Ryan, is awesome too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your awesome review of our hotel and staff. We really did enjoy having everyone here for the conference and can't wait to see you all again. I hope the summer is treating you well. Best wishes to everyone! Thanks again
Twinsburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I just looked at the overall ratings for this hotel and wish I would have opened the reviews to read everyone's opinions. I picked this hotel because I was attending a conference there and wondered why in the world this organization would have chosen this hotel. On a positive note, they are trying to update the rooms and they are doing a good job at that. Plus the desk staff was friendly but that is where it stops. This hotel outside of the updated guest rooms and meeting rooms is pretty disgusting. The bar was gross and the bartender was rude. There were gnats flying around. I was really glad we didn't plan on eating in the restaurant and we left the bar with glasses half full. The meeting room was very nice and about 200 people attended. But they didn't have enough seats so they began setting up additional table during the presentation! And it was being recorded! The staff member putting up the table could have opened them outside of the room and gotten help carrying them in quietly. It was so rude and unprofessional! I wonder if the Holiday Inn Express right next door would have been a better choice. Now I'm wondering about the bed bugs because that would certainly been possible given the condition in other areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We do appreciate your feedback and review of our property. Thank you very much for pointing out the updates that we have done to the rooms as well as the staff at the Front Desk. I do, however, want to apologize for the disturbance during the meeting you were attending as well as the other items you mentioned. We do set the rooms according to what our clients tell us and sometimes more people show up than expected. However, you are correct in that the set up person could have been more courteous when bringing in the additional tables/chairs. We will discuss this at our next staff meeting to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

It sounds like you did not experience any issues with bed bugs but if I was reading your review wrong, Please contact us so that we can get more information from you. We want to make sure that the correct actions are taken IF you did experience anything that we were not made aware of. Thanks again for your review.
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Rolling Meadows.
I had a special rate which was ok though not cheap.
Highlights were the service from the reception and the quality of our room experience. Reception were exceptionally helpful in helping me with local facilities and finding my way around and advice about some local tourism. Thank you.
Breakfast good.
Two minor criticisms:
1. I had to move room because a separate booking of an Indian (?) celebration in an adjoining space was incredibly intrusive. This was simply incompatible with the adjoining rooms being used, couldn't hear the tv above the noise, let alone have a conversation! The problem was however well addressed and I was moved well away from the noise.
2. It's frustrating to find the indoor pool closing for the weekend. It seemed to be the default arrangement rather than strictly needed. The pool hours were restrictive enough already on week days... Why not let guests have early morning swims? But not being able to use the pool at all during a weekend seemed a real shame.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with and also for providing us with the feedback from your stay. I apologize that you were inconvenienced by the events taking place in our hotel last weekend. We try very hard to work with all different types of groups to ensure that everyone has a comfortable, relaxing stay.

I appreciate your comments in regards to the staff being helpful with making suggestions in the area for things to do as well as how they handled your room change. Should you need anything again in the future, Please feel free to let us know how we can help.

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Rolling Meadows? Share your experiences!