“Expected more from a 4* complex” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Faithlegg Self Catering

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faithlegg
Faithlegg Self Catering
You added Faithlegg Self Catering to your Saves list
Faithlegg, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Faithlegg B&B and Inns
Laois, Ireland
“Expected more from a 4* complex”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We thought from some reviews and friend recommendations that this would be a great spot for a few days away. Albeit the hotel grounds, staff and location were fantastic i wouldn't recommend the houses to anyone! I have listed a few complaints below for house number 17.

1. The bedroom and bathroom doors stuck and needed a fair bit of strength to open and close them. I'm sure the heat might not have helped but to the extent of how hard it was to open i cant say this was the only reason.

2. No way to open the bathroom Velux window

3. Terrible water pressure for the toilets and the shower

4. Not very clean. All the rooms had a lot of dust on them

5. Bring your own dishwasher tablets as they don't provide them. Tea towels, towels and toilet roll are not replenished or changed.

6. All beds were uncomfortable and none of us had good nights sleeps.

7. Food was great but the delay in getting it was unacceptable. We waited nearly forty minutes for our food and they then forgot about one of the meals and were left waiting another five minutes for that.

I might sound awkward but you do expect certain things when you pay good money. If i was in the hotel i would have it done so why should the houses be any different!!!

The only thing that stopped me giving a one star was the great staff in the bar. Marek, Sean and the other lads were a gem and made sticking around worth while.

Leisure centre was good. Nice pool and the steam rooms and sauna were well kept

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel not the houses!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in the Faithlegg Mews Self Catering Houses. House itself was small and basic but in fairness it was a 2 bed and suited our needs. No real issues with the houses, once you come equipped with basic essentials like dish clothes, dish washer tablets, washing up liquid, etc.
We ate in the hotel bar a few times and each time the food took a long time to arrive, and the food itself was only ok,... we put the first experience down to bad luck but second time around was no different.
Water in the swimming pool a bit on the cloudy side, and wasn't overly confident on how clean it was...

Would I go back again? probably not. We did enjoy the stay over all but was not overly impressed by the facilities or service in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful three-night stay in Faithlegg this past week. According to every criterion - setting, cleanliness, food, service - Faithlegg is a true gem. The golf course is lovely, the pool mostly very quiet, and there is a restfulness about the the house, inside and outside. Also, the package deal which we enjoyed (3 B/B, 2 D, 2 rounds of golf) represented outstanding value. I look forward very much to a return visit.
F.T.

Room Tip: Room 163 was perfect!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

1. The ramps on the drive up to the hotel are so high that they scored the underneath of our car! Are these really necessary? At one point I considered diving onto the golf course to get around them! Obviously our car was not their first victim, judging by the gouge marks from previous vehicles!

2. On the subject of cars, I expect, when paying €100 Euro per night to sleep, to have a designated space to park (my now damaged pride and joy) near my house. This was not the case and we had to leave our car out of sight and a fair bit away, every night of our stay. Hardly acceptable when you have small children, a pram, luggage etc. I think wedding guests in the hotel may be part of this problem.
Oh and signs up saying cars parked at your own risk!

3. If the houses are considered an extension of the hotel, if the hotel is 4 star, why do guests in the houses get 2 star treatment? The dust was thick above the wardrobes, no soap, no shampoo etc. in bathrooms, no toilet rolls replenished, no dishwasher tablets, no kitchen roll, spare blankets with holes in them etc.
In fact noboby from the hotel cared to check that we needed anything during our entire stay.

4. The Kid's club is a complete rip off and we avoided it.

5. The children's play area is a box ticker, they have one, but it's small and rather pathetic.

6. The pool is small and unremarkable. No nice touches, again, no shampoo/conditioner in showers. Basic to say the least.

7. The price of food in the hotel was exhorbitant for most families. Go to Jack Meade's for good food at a fair price.

8. In conclusion, this is a hotel that caters primarily for people who wear peach tank tops, mint green v-necks and checked trousers. There is nothing for families, nowhere at reasonable cost to eat, no entertainment and an over priced Kid's club.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our second year in a row renting one of the houses on the grounds for the Halloween midterm. We have three girls who like to be entertained. They live for kids club and loved the one at Faithlegg. We had had a wonderful experience the previous year and wanted to recreate the holiday!
However I was extremely disappointed this year as they had increased the kids club price from €5 per day up to €5 per session, and there was no discount for siblings. So for me this would have meant forking out €30 per day which would have cost me €210 over the course of the week. So I only let my girls choose a few sessions during the course of the week as I couldn't afford to send them for the week, much to their dismay.
Kids club is a big determining factor when I am choosing a holiday for my family and most hotels offer this facility for free. Now with the extortionate prices for this at Faithlegg I don't think I'll be returning any time soon!

• Stayed October 2013
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I purchased a voucher from Pigsback.com and we went down to stay in a two bedroom holiday home for 5 nights, it was incredible value. We used the pool every day, neither of us golf but the course was very busy. The location is superb as you are a short drive to Waterford and surrounding areas, we loved it, there was a lovely seating area outside the holiday home aswell, it had great facilities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here with my family (wife and daughter) for a family get-together. We stayed in one of the self-catering houses and it was fine - basic, but fine. The hotel itself is situated in a lovely part of Ireland and the overall resort is very nice. I suppose my two main complaints were that on arrival the hotel had not provided a cot as requested. I spent 15 minutes ringing the hotel reception and nobody answered the phone. We had to sort it out ourselves. The other related to the second night when my family (a large group) had a meal in the bar but I had to stay in the house to mind my baby. My family tried to bring a meal back to me in the house and the hotel staff refused to let them take it on a plate and sent it down in an old margarine tub - not what I'd expect from a hotel of this supposed standard. We won't be rushing back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very sorry you experienced such poor customer service during your stay with us. I can assure these problems are not our normal practice and I will address these with all departments involved, particularly the fact your dinner was brought to you in a tub. Again I offer mu apologies and I hope you will visit Faithlegg again.

Best regards,
Mr. Liam Moran
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Faithlegg Self Catering? Share your experiences!