We thought from some reviews and friend recommendations that this would be a great spot for a few days away. Albeit the hotel grounds, staff and location were fantastic i wouldn't recommend the houses to anyone! I have listed a few complaints below for house number 17.
1. The bedroom and bathroom doors stuck and needed a fair bit of strength to open and close them. I'm sure the heat might not have helped but to the extent of how hard it was to open i cant say this was the only reason.
2. No way to open the bathroom Velux window
3. Terrible water pressure for the toilets and the shower
4. Not very clean. All the rooms had a lot of dust on them
5. Bring your own dishwasher tablets as they don't provide them. Tea towels, towels and toilet roll are not replenished or changed.
6. All beds were uncomfortable and none of us had good nights sleeps.
7. Food was great but the delay in getting it was unacceptable. We waited nearly forty minutes for our food and they then forgot about one of the meals and were left waiting another five minutes for that.
I might sound awkward but you do expect certain things when you pay good money. If i was in the hotel i would have it done so why should the houses be any different!!!
The only thing that stopped me giving a one star was the great staff in the bar. Marek, Sean and the other lads were a gem and made sticking around worth while.
Leisure centre was good. Nice pool and the steam rooms and sauna were well kept
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Willow Wood estate, set adjacent to the 4 star Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Club is a collection of 14 self-catering houses with three and four bedrooms, designed and finished to the highest specifications. All of the houses have private enclosed gardens making them ideal for young children to play in and for barbeques on those long Summer evenings. The Mews are a collection of 51 self-catering holiday homes and apartments. ... more less