“top class family friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Faithlegg Self Catering

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faithlegg
Faithlegg Self Catering
You added Faithlegg Self Catering to your Saves list
Faithlegg, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Faithlegg B&B and Inns
Cork
“top class family friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

i've just returned from a 4 ngt break at faithlegg,stayed in the mews holiday homes.we are a family of 5.3 kids aged 6,4 and 16mths.we had a fantastic time.planning on another trip at halloween.the houses are basic but clean and had everything we needed.the kids club was great,only 2 doors down,our oldest 2 used to watched at the window for the staff to arrive...this left walking time for me,baby and my husband where we'd head to cheekpoint and discovered a fab new playground.we ate in the bar of the hotel one night,couldnt fault the food,presentation great,hot and very good value for money,only complaint here was staff got very busy around 8.30 so teas and dessert were a little delayed,not easy when your trying to keep a 16mth old happy,pool was lovely,we went every day,warm and clean.we hired tennis rackets for 2 hours and the kind assistant in the golf club gave my husband and son some clubs to hit a few balls on the practice green.over all we had a great time,came home happy,relaxed and cant wait to go back.if your a family like us,you wont be dissapointed.keep up all the good work faithlegg team.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks your kind words and I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. We have invested a lot in to improving our family offerings and to hear your kids enjoyed them is fantastic. I have passed on your compliments to the staff of the hotel who will be thrilled to hear their hard work is being recognised.

I hope to see you here again at Halloween.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dungannon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed in Faithlegg 2 bedroom house in August 2012. We had a great time. Our eldest Anna just loved the kids club and the staff were great. It ran a session in the morning and at night and was a welcome break for us too at an extremely reasonable price. Tennis courts were popular and well kept. Rental of racquet may have been free with deposit only.
My husband loved the golf club because they had sky sports. I got a surf lesson in Tramore beach about 30 mins away which was fab. John Meades pub close by was also really friendly.
The swimming pool was for leisure. I am a keen swimmer but just decided to take it easier.The gym looked great but we didn't use it. The hotel was homely and friendly yet well kept and again staff made us feel welcome.
A car is really a necessity.Our oven didnt work but was dealt with within 15 minutes! REsult! Kitchen has everything the modern home has including a drier! Waterford town itself is nice but with two kids we were restricted. I would go back to faithlegg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your family break away with us and your comments are great;y appreciated. Our location is perfect for families and our onsite facilities are catered for young and old.

I look forward to your families return.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have to say I've seldom had a better experience of a holiday in Ireland both in terms of how the Hotel and houses are set up for families, and also in terms of sheer value for money. We have three boys aged 8, 6, and 4 and the facilities including an excellent pool, children's playground, and kids' club were of a very high standard. We stayed in one of the houses overlooking the golf course at Willow Woods which were very clean and comfortable with an enclosed garden. The hotel itself was beautiful as were the grounds, and the surrounding area of Waterford city, the picturesque Passage East, and stunning Hook Head opened up an appreciation of a part of the country I didn't know at all. Nightly visits to the fun fair at Tramore and the microclimate which yielded some unexpectedly beautiful days on the beach at Woodstown and Dunmore East were just fantastic. Coming from the North the drive was straightforward and it's a relatively short drive from Dublin thanks to the new road. All in all I would strongly recommend the Faithleg Hotel for families, golfers and anyone else who appreciates a great venue at good value.

Room Tip: For families, the Willow Woods houses are ideal as they are quiet, with enclosed gardens. The golf c...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for your lovely feedback, I always enjoy reading guests appreciation for our hotel. We pride ourselves in our location and facilities on site and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to your return.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed for a week in one of the 4 bed "Willow Woods" detached houses on the Faithlegg House Hotel grounds. The house we stayed in was spacious with 2 en-suite double bedrooms and 2 large single bedrooms. It was very clean with all mod cons and there was the added nice touch of a small "welcome pack" of groceries on arrival. We made great use of the hotel swimming pool, playground and tennis courts. There is a large Tesco Extra not far from the hotel so it is easy to stack up on all the self catering necessities. All the Willow Wood houses have their own fenced gardens with outdoor dining / seating areas. Would highly recommend and would go back in a heartbeat. PS Check out Hook Head lighthouse for a day trip - well worth a visit

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for your comments. We invest a lot of time and effort in making all our guests experiences a memorable one and we are always delighted when someone recognises our hard work.
I look forward to your future visits.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My stay here was a real game of two halves. On the plus side: the hotel is lovely with beautiful grounds. The pool facilities were good (though the changing room was literally drenched with water one day, including all the walls, the toilets and the benches). The food is excellent, the dining room is beautiful and the dining room manager was brilliant. So I would rate the hotel highly - a pity I wasn't staying there, but instead in the mews accommodation.

First, the "sleeps 4" accommodation really is designed for two adults and two children who do everything at the same time, rather than four adults. So four adults (each doing different things) are given a single key. Whomever of us came home first each night had to sleep with the front door unlocked, as s/he had the key. We were told we would get around this by leaving the key at reception (I still don't understand this - I come home early, unlock the door, run back up to reception with the key, but in the meantime I have left the house unlocked and empty, and the next person doesn't need the key anyway because the house in unlocked etc.) You wouldn't expect to sleep in a hotel room with the door unlocked, or in your own house, so why in a house at €180 a night? I know it's a safe area and very remote, but I think I should be able to lock my door at night. Just give an extra key, simple.

There is one very small double room and a room with twin beds which are toe-to-toe rather than beside each other, which for a couple, really makes you feel like you are in a child's room. There are no big mirrors in the house, only two very small mirrors in the bathroom (and one in the living room above the mantlepiece). You can't dry your hair in front of a mirror because the sockets where you would plug in a hairdryer are really far away from the bathroom. I had to dry my hair in the reflection of a picture on the wall. The bedroom door did not close properly and kept opening. If the window was open, the door would not stay shut at all which meant that the couple I was staying with would have gotten some accidental views of me getting changed if I hadn't propped the door shut with my shoes. The bed was the hardest bed I have ever slept on; it was like a rock - someone could have jumped up and down on it beside you and you would not have felt a thing. The pillows were thin and hard. Three wicked nights' sleep. We were asked to recycle but only given one bin (with no lid) in the kitchen, so it smelt bad after a few days. The towels are thin. No towel for the floor stepping out of the shower. The TV remote didn't work. And so on - all little things in their own right but add up to irritation when you are there. The house was clean though in fairness, and had a nice outdoor space with a picnic table at the back. If you were in a family and didn't need to look in the mirror and didn't mind seeing into each other's rooms all the time and all went out and came back at the same time you'd be ok. It just felt like bad value and was in contrast to the hotel (I thought the evening meal was great value and really delicious).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for your feedback, all positive and negative comments allow us to constantly grow and improve our hotel. I appreciate your lovely words regarding the hotel in particular our restaurant and your feedback has been forwarded to our Head Chef Jenny and the Restaurant department. I regret you did not have an equally positive experience in our holiday homes and all your comments have been noted and are currently being addressed. The issue surrounding the keys is of high importance and I understand your query.

All feedback, both positive and negative is always appreciated as it aids us in improving the hotel's offerings along with maximising guest satisfaction and I hope you will visit the hotel again in the future.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We rented a 3 bedroomed house on the grounds of Faithlegg in June 2012. We have 3 small childfren under 4 and this was our first time to take them anywhere other than to stay with grandparents. I was a little apprehensive especially as the house was such good value but I was pleasantly surprised. On arrival the receptionist was friendly and informative and we were delighted with the house- spotless, newly painted with everything we needed. The pool was great- large kids area, the new playground proved a hit and the area surpassed all expections. We visited several beaches including Tramore and Woodstown, had picnics most days and on the showery day we went to Wareford playzone- 10 minutes from the hotel. What made the holiday extra special was the countryside location- hard to believe we were so close to a city.
We intend to return and hope to make Faithlegg our annual holiday destination! We also hope to go back to stay in the hotel for a weekend break- minus the kids this time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Aideen,

Sincere thanks for your amazing feedback. The joys of this hotel is its central location with the city and beaches only a short drive away. I am delighted to hear your kids enjoyed the hotel and our facilities and we do hope to see you all back here soon. If we can be of any assistance planning your holiday minus the kids call our reservations team on 051-382000.

Thank you again and I hope your future visits are as enjoyable as the first.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed at Faithlegg last week with my wife and young son. We rented one of the Willow Wood houses. I was very impressed with the overall facility. The hotel, holiday homes and surrounding grounds are very well looked after and there is a lovely relaxing feeling about the whole place. The Willow Wood houses themselves are great. Lots of space and all you need for a holiday. The fenced in back garden was perfect to let the little fella run around in. The house was a little bit worn in places but not that it would make a difference. The tv and dvd player supplied could do with an upgrade though. The tiny 19 inch crt was ancient (a good size flat screen would not cost much) and lost in the large living room. I was a little disspointed in the leisure centre which was one of the reasons we booked the place (as an option for the little fella in case of rain). The pool itself is a bit small and got quite crowded with just a few people in it. I have been in the leisure centre of it's sister hotel in Castleknock which is far superior. The hotel is in the perfect location as a base to visit Woodstown beach, Dunmore East and Tramore.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for your lovely comments, I always welcome feedback as it helps us to constantly improve our hotel. Our holiday homes are designed with families and security in mind and is the perfect location for kids to play. I regret that you were not fully satisfied with our leisure facilities and hopefully it will be less busy on your next visit. We are addressing the possibility of upgrading our tv facilities in the houses and will hopefully be improved by your next visit.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your family's future visits.

General Manager,
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Faithlegg Self Catering? Share your experiences!