“Excellent - couldn't have been nicer” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Faithlegg, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Faithlegg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wicklow, Ireland
“Excellent - couldn't have been nicer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Two night stay in Faithlegg with my partner, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Could not have faulted one bit of it from the golf to the room to the hotel itself. Especially the food, was top notch. Will defo go again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Faithlegg.

Warm regards,
Liam Moran, General Manager,
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at this magnificent hotel with my boyfriend recently for 1 night during our get away to Ireland and I have to say 1 night was not enough. I heard lots of my Londoner friends speak highly of this fabulous Four Star hotel and golf resort, set on splendid grounds in the heart of the Waterford countryside. It was everything we hoped it would be.
From the friendly and professional staff, to the comfortable rooms and common areas, our stay was more than exceptional. As this hotel is set in a old historian building, our master suite made us feel we had stepped back in time; high ceilings, huge bed (most comfortable I have ever been in)and tall windows!I loved the way all the master rooms were named after people who had some part to play in shaping this magnificent hotel,our room being called 'The Margaret Power Room'. I would definately recommend the Master Suites if staying at this hotel.
The Estuary Spa was amazing and offers all the amenties a couple need. I enjoyed being pampered with a facial from a very professional and friendly staff member named Jackie. She went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and to enjoy my time at this wonderful spa.
I would recommend her to carry out any treatments you require.
The evening meal was very impressive. We loved the choice of food on the two menus we were offered. Although there was a wedding at the hotel the same evening, the service was beyond outstanding. The head chef (Jenny Flynn) even made it her business to come and speak to us about our meal which really made a lasting impression on us.
I would recommend this hotel to any couple who enjoy romantic getaways and I would even consider looking at wedding packages as it would be a fantastic setting for this wonderful day! I would like to thank the managment of this hotel for a fantastic stay. It's not very often I speak highly of staff or even remember staff names so you made my stay at The Faithlegg Hotel a pleasent one.

Room Tip: Master rooms offer a big bathroom with two sinks..one for her and one for him which makes your stay...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your truly lovely comments. Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Faithlegg in the future.

Best regards,
Liam Moran,
General Manager,
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed immensely the ambiance, friendliness of staff, good food and generally just a marvelous place to relax after a day of touring. We did not golf although the course looked great - maybe next time. The common area was so nicely appointed and felt so homey (well not my home - more like the castle I would like to have) - big leather wing chairs, bright and airy. Just lovely.

Room Tip: Take the time to enjoy the common areas and the Sunday roast beef special in the bar area is very go...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review, I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding in Faithlegg in May 2013 and I really can't say enough good things about the hotel and its staff. I'm from Waterford and therefore have been to Faithlegg for weddings before and have eaten there and chose the hotel because of past experiences and also the hotels surroundings. Our wedding day was fantastic and that is mainly down to the staff of Faithlegg who were extremely helpful and polite. The food was amazing and the room looked beautiful, it was exactly as I pictured it to be.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering holding their wedding reception there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such commendable feedback, I am delighted you both enjoyed your special day here in Faithlegg and that we were a part of it. I wish you both a very happy and long married life together and I hope to see you both return for your anniversary.

Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed at the faithlegg hotel on an overnight break last weekend and had a very pleasant stay. If your preference is for old world historical buildings then this is impressive to drive up to. Reception staff were friendly and completed check in promptly. We upgraded to a master room, high ceilings, four poster bed and I felt like I'd stepped back in time - in a good way! We didn't eat in the restaurant as it was busy and decided on room service which was delivered promptly to our room and was restaurant quality and delicious. Breakfast next morning was in a beautiful high ceiling opulent room with a great view over the grounds and golf course - extensive menu which can be cooked to order or choose from the buffet... again I felt like I was in a period drama. This hotel is not for you if you're into modern decor but I have to add to stay in this hotel is unique. Highlight of the leisure facilities was a large jacussi with soft lighting where I'd be quite happy to spend an hour relaxing! Recommended experience and perfect for couples.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank for sharing such kind words, it is always nice to read such positive feedback from guests. I do hope to see you return to Faithlegg soon.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here recently as a wedding guest (two night stay). I should start by saying the wedding was wonderful. The common areas are great, cosy, with old-world charm. The staff were great, friendly and helpful.
Now on to the room. Granted, it was a standard room, but not what one would expect of a four-star. It was basic, to say the least. No minibar. No room safe. Freezing cold (we had to request an extra blanket - none provided - and a heater. To the hotel's credit, these arrived swiftly). The bathroom contained very little in the form of toiletries - just one tiny soap for two people. And one bottle each of shampoo and shower gel. We could have at least done with a second bar of soap. The shower curtain smelt damp. I hate to leave such a poor review but we were disappointed.
The breakfast was good, plenty of choice between hot and cold dishes. Toast, tea and coffee ordered at the table were incredibly slow. They were busy, so that's understandable. I would just like to see a little more effort put into the standard rooms. They let down the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Standard Rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I regret to hear you found aspects of your stay less that pleasing and I will address your comments on the toiletries and the amenities in the standard rooms. I do hope to see you return soon.

Gorey, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here for weekend with my husband and three young sons. When we arrived there was a wedding on thus whole reception area taken up making booking in with kids,cases and buggy very difficult. Bar was full of wedding guests so nowhere other than room available to relax. The changing area in the spa part of the hotel was not suitable for dressing yourself and baby as there was no space for a buggy and no place provided to safely put baby while you dressed, also there was no changing table. Food was nice but service was slow. The layout of the hotel is poor as we needed to take two lifts to access pool also no robes provided in rooms which meant you needed to pack a bag to go swimming. However food was good,pool was warm and clean and staff were accommodating particularly in the bar.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am sorry you found aspects of your stay to be less than satisfactory, all of which I have taken in board and have addressed with each department. I have also passed on your kind words to both the Kitchen and Bar teams who will certainly appreciate the feedback.

I hope you will return to Faithlegg House Hotel in the near future.

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!