“Almost a four star” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Faithlegg
Graiguenamanagh, Ireland
“Almost a four star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Valentines night was to be something special for both of us and as far as the staff are concerned it was. They were helpful, pleasant and attentive. What they lacked in experience they made up for in smiling, apologising and passing the query to someone who had the knowledge..Very commendable. The dining room was busy but attention to detail was missing occasionally. I would also question the wine list. Very overpriced for what was on offer. Look again at the value that is available in Michelin starred restaurants!!

Now as regards the 4 star accolade the experience was more 3.5. Two lights not working in the bedroom a small hole in the wall and a hole in the net curtain. All of these were reported on check out. I would question the provenance of the shampoo and shower gel. Very cheap with no name.

The aperitif was over-priced and small measures even for 4 star - more like Dublin prices and dearer than London in my experience. However what was really missing was the overall ambience. The dining room is split into three. We were in the small conservatory section (converted passage?) which is near the kitchen. It lacks good lighting and is institutional in layout. The Piano room likewise has the makings of a cosy room but downlighters do nothing for the atmosphere,.also the lack of a piano player on Valentines night was poor.

In summary a pleasant night but a little disappointing overall.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for posting such an honest review, we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative. I have taken the issues you highlighted on board and I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you experienced whilst staying with us. I would like to thank you for recognizing the hard work of our staff whom I'm certain will appreciate your feedback.

I do hope you return in the near future and enjoy a more satisfying stay.

652 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just back from staying in Faithlegg for a valentines weekend getaway. Package included B&B, dinner and spa treatments. Overall we were somewhat disappointed as we had heard good things about this 4 star hotel.

The Good
Nice surroundings, grounds well kept and a historic old country house converted to a hotel
Friendly staff
Nice big clean room with access to the courtyard/grounds at the back of the hotel
Nice food in the bar and great breakfast

The Bad
Very very slow service! On arrival we had lunch in the bar. It took 10mins before anyone approached us to take our order. The bar was not busy at 3pm. We also experienced very slow service at dinner. We had booked ahead to dine but were asked to wait 15-20mins. No problem but I would have expected to be served promptly when we finally got a table. It took 25 mins before anyone took our orders and then the time it took food to arrive was not acceptable.
Food was pub carvery standard in the restaurant with some dishes clearly being stuck under the hot lamp for too long and dried out.
Spa and pool experience were very poor. Changing rooms were something from a 1960s boarding school, no towels, pipe running from the ladies changing room tap directly into the jacuzzi, broken tiles etc!!!

Overall this felt like a 3 star hotel at 4 star prices and while the surrounding area is wonderful for day trips (JKF Park, Hook Head etc) I would not recommend a stay in this hotel if you are looking for a luxury experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review and informing us on your recent stay. I regret to hear you experienced a less than satisfactory stay with us. I can assure the slow service and poor food you witnessed are not common occurrences and I have looked into this matter further. With regards to our spa area we will be beginning a refurbishment of this area in the coming weeks and a revisit will be a must.

I hope you return in the near future and enjoy a more pleasant stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

On arrival to the faithlegg we were both impressed by the appearance of the building and the grounds, we checked in and all was fine. However on arrival to the room, my boyfriend had requested a bottle of moet which was actually a bottle of sparkling wine, we alerted reception and asked them to change this which they promised they would. Following this we had a walk around the grounds were were lovely, a drink in the bar and a trip to the leisure facilities. The jacuzzi was easily 5-10 C too hot and considering I am a cold person, this is saying something! There were also many tiles missing from the jacuzzi which took away from the luxury feel of the environment. Also, no towels were easily available and had to be sought on another floor at reception. Subsequently the towels obtained appeared to be stained with mildew.
The dinner experience also left a lot to be desired. Our package included dinner, but unlike many other hotels we have previously stayed, this meant you got a limited choice set menu, while the food was fine, similar to pub carvery, the service was incredibly slow for two waiters serving 7 small tables. The waiter also forgot to bring a side that was requested by my boyfriend. Although our package included a four course dinner with tea/coffee and petit fours, the petit fours never materialized while the waiters gave considerably more attention to other diners.
After returning to our room where the bottle of sparkling wine had not been replaced, our frustration grew with this establishment. One last point, is that the heat in the bedrooms is unbearable and windows had to be open all night.
We did not feel the need to attend breakfast having already sampled their food and service and instead choose to leave early.
Overall very disappointed with the standard of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank for your posting a review of your stay. I regret to hear your stay was unpleasant and you failed to enjoy your time with us. I have investigated the problems with the bottle of sparkling wine and I have addressed these shortcomings. I apologise for the poor service and overall poor experience you had with us, I can assure you these are not a common place in Faithlegg.

I do hope you make a return visit.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I would like to say a huge thank you to Suzie and all the staff at Faithlegg for making our wedding day the best day of our lives! We need not have worried about anything as the staff at Faithlegg had everything in hand on the day! It was perfect. We got so many compliments from our guests on how fabulous the meal was aswell as how friendly & helpful the staff was throughout the day (& following days). We had a winter wedding & the hotel was decorated beautifully. For photographs, the grounds & hotel itself are amazing. To any newly engaged couples looking for the perfect venue, we would certainly recommend Faithlegg House Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to be a part of such a memorable day and thank you for posting such a complimentary review. We are very proud of our award winning chefs and flawless staff and I am thrilled to hear they made your joyous day even more special.

On behalf of all the staff here I would like to wish you and your husband health and happiness in the future and I hope to welcome you back.

Liam Moran
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort.
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just had a family lunch at Faithlegge House Hotel and I would recomment this venue for the customer service and the food. The choice of banquet rooms was great and the staff were very attentive to any of our requests

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such positive feedback on your recent family lunch. We are very proud of our award winning kitchen and our excellent team who looked after you on the day. I have passed on your compliments to the staff whom I am certain will appreciate the recognition.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to us in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just back from a lovely weekend at Faithlegg House Hotel. it is a beautiful place to stay. The staff are attentive, nice and friendly . Brid made us very welcome at the the reception..."first impressions are so important and we were not disappointed". This is truly a lovely quiet and peaceful place to stay .We eat in the restaurant on Friday night. The food was well presented tasty.l. On Saturday night we tried the Bar Menu which did not disappoint. We got a standard double room which had just received a makeover.Well done to all at Faithlegg House Hotel for making our stay so enjoyable.We will be back!

at the first peaceful

Room Tip: This Hotel is a No Smoking Zone so I expect all rooms will be comfortable and of good standard.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a complimentary review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you immediately felt welcome by Brid. We aim to impress here in Faithlegg House Hotel and I am very pleased to hear you were not disappointed. I have passed on your compliments to the staff of the hotel and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

How do you like your hotel? Fully comp with a golf course, auspicious entrance hall and dining room? This hotel is now owned by FBD, the insurance crowd who gave us 'not a big deal, just a good deal'. And that's what we got. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to the "Geneva" Suite, a two roomed affair with four poster bed and a huge key and when there's no number on your key, you can definitely say, 'you've arrived'. The food was delicious but the wine list pedestrian, with Carmen wines and other such 'vintages' on offer, so in that sense our fully comp experience had been downgraded to basic fire and theft. The bar was a no-go area because it was deathly quiet and you could hear what the person next to you was thinking. Everyone's head was either in their ipad or phone but this could easily be rectified with some background music and low lighting. The pool area was small and the water extremely cold but all in all, with a few tweaks and adds on, this hotel could have your small break covered.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review, we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative. Since your stay in August, the pool has since seen improvements which have enhanced the quality of the guests experience during their time in the Estuary Club. We have also introduced a more flattering wine list which will not disappoint. Along with these changes our bar, bedrooms and hallways have been refurbished throughout the month of January.

I hope to see you return in the near future and enjoy all our new changes.

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!