“Very lovely, just needs updating.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90

Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90
You added Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   653 Clark Dr, Rockford, IL 61107 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Rockford - East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
“Very lovely, just needs updating.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Everything was great, service, price, location, the rooms were so big! I would just suggest updating rooms a little...but everything was good. Location is very convienant. It would be nice to have complimentary breakfast too.

• Stayed November 2012
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about the hotel. I wanted to let you know we will be receiving a new bedding package at the end of this month and starting a breakfast in January. We really appreciate you taking them time to let us know about your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I needed a room ASAP, what I wanted was a room for 3 plus a newborn baby, what I got was a luxury suite at a very affordable price. The staff was extremely accommodating and very pleasant. I had a pleasant quiet stay, and I paid less. 5 stars all the way, for Rockford, this was a clean and quiet resort.

Room Tip: Right Next to the highway, off the main strip. quiet & convenient
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Rockford - East. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
Fulton, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I work on the road a lot and find that Extended Stay America's provide the best place for the best price. The Rockford East hotel is by far my favorite due to the fact that the rooms are clean, comfortable and contain all the necessary stuff to live in for an extened period. I can cook my own meals without having to always dime out, I have a more than adequate refrigerator/freezer to keep food for my my work lunches, I have a microwave oven plus a conventional oven and stove with which to cook in-room. Besides that, it's very close to restaurants, gas stations , grocery stores and and convenient stores. That's a huge plus when you work long hours. There's a Super Walmart within four blocks that never closes. Another thing is that its very accessible to major highways and interstates, which makes job commuting simple and fast. I don't get paid a huge per diem and need to make it go as far as I can. Extented STay Rockford East makes that happen. Above all, the have the most cordial and friendly staff of any hotel I have ever stayed. I HIGHLY recommend this facility and have done so with my friends and co-workers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I was so happy to read that you were not only extremely happy with your stay, but felt it was a great price value for you as well. That is what we are all about. Thank you for your comments!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

the service was great exspecially the people at the front. The whole place was clean and spacious. We never wanted for anything while staying there. The rooms were large and had all the things you would need. If not they were provided by the front desk without a problem. I would defintely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Rockford - East. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.
Granville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This Extended Stay America has a new general manager and it needs it. The place needs some attention. This is not to say that it is horrible, it's just been neglected and seems like it hasn't had anyone try to keep it current and competitive.

I'm here for business, and I chose this place because of the good rates for a long-term stay here and having a kitchenette. The kitchenette was very poorly stocked with mismatched pieces and has virtually no real cooking pots and pans or utensils -- I chose to go to WalMart to get a cheap, basic set of 4 pots and pans. The refrigerator had problems dripping water down onto the bottom shelf from some unknown origin I could not find and it ran noisily at unusual times. The room has a small recliner, but it is almost impossible to use it for any length of time or to get comfortable in it. It hurts the back to use it and be careful that you don't accidentally fall asleep somehow because your back will not forgive you easily. The toilet seems to use just a little bit too little water because it flushes ok, but there tends to be a little trace of your activity left behind sometimes. The quality of high-speed internet service here varies constantly. There is a customer laundry available on the first floor near the office, but it is overly pricey for smaller washers and basic stack dryers...$2 for the washer and $2 for the dryer.

As far as the staff is concerned, they have a young staff that seems very inexperienced, but the new general manager might be able to get them into shape. Note, however, they have a policy to try to insist you pay a week in advance and will put a hold on credit card numbers given to them so you may not be able to use them. This includes debit cards that become unuseable when the amount of the hold placed on them excedes any daily limit on their use. So even if they are not actually charging your debit card, you may not be able to use your card for anything else when they do this. In this case, pay in cash if possible or give explicit instruction to them that they are not to put a hold on your card because they will try to secure your money this way, despite any problems it will cause you. I was locked out of my room for 24 hours because my debit card on my hometown bank was used for a purchase earlier in the day unknown to me (this is how I discovered the daily withdrawal limit on it) and I couldn't use it to pay my rent. I want to state that I had plenty of money in the bank account, but I just couldn't access with my debit card and the bank with only one branch at home was closed for the weekend. Admittedly, I owed 2 days rent while I was working 84 hours per week and sleep had been my priority. They would not allow into the room for any reason until they were paid for the 2 days to become current and I just didn't have any available funds. So I had to sleep in my car until work that night and waited for my debit card withdrawal limit to reset the next day. This was ridiculous because I was staying long-term and was working nearby at a place with a security clearance. There is NO reason anyone with the slightest amount of sense would risk a good job making 3x the cost of a week's rent, as well as their security clearance by not paying for 2 days (about $150). Think people -- Would you risk losing your job that earns over $2000/week to run out on a $150 bill that you have the money for? To be locked out in such a way, after already paying nearly $1000 and this place knowing I would be working for another couple of weeks, seems pretty narrow-minded and disrespectful of customers who ARE going to be paying and staying longer and aren't intending to become unemployed by running out on a simple motel bill. Sorry about the little rant but this stuck in my craw.

Overall, the place isn't really bad, there are a few bad policies and a few things in need of updating, but they can be corrected. The place looks good from the outside and it allows pets too (a big plus for a traveller). While I am not particularly happy with this place this visit, I'm willing to give the new GM and this place the benefit of the doubt for now. I might stay here in a year or two again when work brings me to the area, just to see if it has gotten any better. The price is good and the location is convenient to the interstate once you figure out exactly where the place sits.

Room Tip: Make sure the front desk knows you don't want to be disturbed if you work nighshift or else hou...
Matteson, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had my auto broken into in the hotel parking lot and not one of the management team came forward and least offered an apoligy.What I don't understand is even though the management states that they are not responsible for your auto that is in their parking lot because where else can you park to not even have a camera monitoring the lot seems like a business that just cares about their profit margin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Rockford. I am sorry for the way the situation was handled by our managment staff. An apology was definitely called for. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm doing a road trip from Toronto to Calgary on a budget. No major complaints. The building defiantly looks inviting from the outside. The rooms are kind of run down and smell like an old hotel. It was quiet and clean and did the job for a good nights sleep after a long drive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90? Share your experiences!