“The best place I have stayed in a long time with a wonderful staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90

Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90
You added Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   653 Clark Dr, Rockford, IL 61107 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Rockford - East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
“The best place I have stayed in a long time with a wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

the service was great exspecially the people at the front. The whole place was clean and spacious. We never wanted for anything while staying there. The rooms were large and had all the things you would need. If not they were provided by the front desk without a problem. I would defintely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Rockford - East. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Granville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This Extended Stay America has a new general manager and it needs it. The place needs some attention. This is not to say that it is horrible, it's just been neglected and seems like it hasn't had anyone try to keep it current and competitive.

I'm here for business, and I chose this place because of the good rates for a long-term stay here and having a kitchenette. The kitchenette was very poorly stocked with mismatched pieces and has virtually no real cooking pots and pans or utensils -- I chose to go to WalMart to get a cheap, basic set of 4 pots and pans. The refrigerator had problems dripping water down onto the bottom shelf from some unknown origin I could not find and it ran noisily at unusual times. The room has a small recliner, but it is almost impossible to use it for any length of time or to get comfortable in it. It hurts the back to use it and be careful that you don't accidentally fall asleep somehow because your back will not forgive you easily. The toilet seems to use just a little bit too little water because it flushes ok, but there tends to be a little trace of your activity left behind sometimes. The quality of high-speed internet service here varies constantly. There is a customer laundry available on the first floor near the office, but it is overly pricey for smaller washers and basic stack dryers...$2 for the washer and $2 for the dryer.

As far as the staff is concerned, they have a young staff that seems very inexperienced, but the new general manager might be able to get them into shape. Note, however, they have a policy to try to insist you pay a week in advance and will put a hold on credit card numbers given to them so you may not be able to use them. This includes debit cards that become unuseable when the amount of the hold placed on them excedes any daily limit on their use. So even if they are not actually charging your debit card, you may not be able to use your card for anything else when they do this. In this case, pay in cash if possible or give explicit instruction to them that they are not to put a hold on your card because they will try to secure your money this way, despite any problems it will cause you. I was locked out of my room for 24 hours because my debit card on my hometown bank was used for a purchase earlier in the day unknown to me (this is how I discovered the daily withdrawal limit on it) and I couldn't use it to pay my rent. I want to state that I had plenty of money in the bank account, but I just couldn't access with my debit card and the bank with only one branch at home was closed for the weekend. Admittedly, I owed 2 days rent while I was working 84 hours per week and sleep had been my priority. They would not allow into the room for any reason until they were paid for the 2 days to become current and I just didn't have any available funds. So I had to sleep in my car until work that night and waited for my debit card withdrawal limit to reset the next day. This was ridiculous because I was staying long-term and was working nearby at a place with a security clearance. There is NO reason anyone with the slightest amount of sense would risk a good job making 3x the cost of a week's rent, as well as their security clearance by not paying for 2 days (about $150). Think people -- Would you risk losing your job that earns over $2000/week to run out on a $150 bill that you have the money for? To be locked out in such a way, after already paying nearly $1000 and this place knowing I would be working for another couple of weeks, seems pretty narrow-minded and disrespectful of customers who ARE going to be paying and staying longer and aren't intending to become unemployed by running out on a simple motel bill. Sorry about the little rant but this stuck in my craw.

Overall, the place isn't really bad, there are a few bad policies and a few things in need of updating, but they can be corrected. The place looks good from the outside and it allows pets too (a big plus for a traveller). While I am not particularly happy with this place this visit, I'm willing to give the new GM and this place the benefit of the doubt for now. I might stay here in a year or two again when work brings me to the area, just to see if it has gotten any better. The price is good and the location is convenient to the interstate once you figure out exactly where the place sits.

Room Tip: Make sure the front desk knows you don't want to be disturbed if you work nighshift or else hou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Matteson, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had my auto broken into in the hotel parking lot and not one of the management team came forward and least offered an apoligy.What I don't understand is even though the management states that they are not responsible for your auto that is in their parking lot because where else can you park to not even have a camera monitoring the lot seems like a business that just cares about their profit margin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Rockford. I am sorry for the way the situation was handled by our managment staff. An apology was definitely called for. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm doing a road trip from Toronto to Calgary on a budget. No major complaints. The building defiantly looks inviting from the outside. The rooms are kind of run down and smell like an old hotel. It was quiet and clean and did the job for a good nights sleep after a long drive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Troy, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This was on my route to wisconsin so decided to do overnight before leaving in morning.
For the price it was ok.
We were told about two beds by priceline, and found only one bed in each room we booked. It seems hotels, by default give worst rooms to the third party bookers.....
There is no room service at night, or wait hours for it, since only one person handles everything. They dont even have the system on, so lets say you arrived after hours and needed rooms changed or added, no luck. Night employee has no access to system, hence no changes possible.
I wont stay here again.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, call before travelling for all your needs and necessities..... if not...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Rockford. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

Brownsburg, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is your basic straight ahead hotel. The accommodations are nothing to write home about, but they aren't bad at the same time. The front desk workers are friendly and the location is great. I have stayed at this location many times over the past few months and have never had a bad experience. The bed is not the most comfortable, but for the price it's what you are paying for.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Check in was fast and easy. Room was clean and neat. Parking was more than adequate. Property overall was very appealing. Our only problem was that the bed was not very comfortable. Both my wife and I did not sleep well as the bed was just to firm to sleep well but we were there for only one night so we made do.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90? Share your experiences!