“Above average compared to other chains, but a little over-priced” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati
“Above average compared to other chains, but a little over-priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were slightly disappointed in our stay compared to other Hampton Inns around the country. We arrived on a Sunday evening and had to wait about 15 minutes to check in because there was only one person on duty at reception. The room was nicely decorated and had a very comfortable bed, but I was a little turned off when I found a gummy bear on the floor next to the bed when I put my suitcase down. I also noticed that the caulk around the bathtub was brown in spots which wasn't too appealing. It made me wonder how much effort is put into cleaning and maintenance. The breakfast is above average and the breakfast area is very attractive, quiet, and clean. However, for the difference in price between this hotel and other comparable lodging in the area, I'm not sure I would stay there again. It did not live up to the high marks given by other reviewers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here in August, 2012. Pleasantly surprised at lovely breakfast area where TV did not dominate. Divided into sections so eating seemed a bit more private and homey. Very functional sleeping room , extremely clean with pleasing linens and a nice computer desk. The bonus was the help with printing our boarding passes. Front desk sooo accommodating. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator. Less highway noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had to stay 2 unplanned nights due to car problems .... night desk person went above and beyond and helped me find a laundry I could use at the next hotel over.
Everyone was very courteous and the rooms were very nice. Nice linens, very clean .. pretty good breakfast. All in all a good choice. Other than the toilets that are too high in the air (and I have long legs) all was more than satisfactory.

loves park il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great staff who made me very welcome, knew what they were doing, and with great recommendations for food! The last time I was at a Hampton I was a little disappointed, but this one won me back! Will be back and will recommend to others!

Room Tip: choose 3rd floor on the west side
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

ARRIVAL: Checked-in at 2pm with no delays or issues. Check-in was fast and easy.

LOBBY / GROUNDS: Extremely clean. Looks updated and comfortable. Exterior of building it also very pleasing and tidy.

TO THE ROOM: I was given a handicap-accessible room that was extremely small. The room had a single, full-size bed in it. Thankfully, I was traveling alone, so the bed was not an issue. For two adults, it would have been very tight. The in-room bathroom was large, clean and accommodating. No tub, just the HA walk-in shower. But the bed area was very tight. I am not handicapped, but I feel it would be quite difficult for a wheelchair bound person to navigate around the bed area. It was SMALL.

The room, like everything else in the hotel, was spotless, odorless and cooled upon arrival. The small full-size mattresses were way too soft for my liking. All bedding and towels were very clean, smelled fresh.

BREAKFAST: Is from 6am - 10am. I did not eat breakfast either day as I was up early and gone before 6am.

POOL AREA: Looked to me clean, well maintained and was being enjoyed by many. I did not use.

CHECK-OUT: No issues, No worries.

OVERALL: I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 123 is handicap-accessible - AND SMALL! It's perfect if you are traveling solo, but for two...
Piscataway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The hotel is in a decent area and is well kept but the staff is unaccommodating. I always like Hampton Inn for their service and cleanliness but this one takes the cake. My recent stay was not the greatest. The room was nice but it smelled like smoke only to find out that they convert smoking rooms to non smoking rooms and don't get all the smoke out. Then I ask to speak to a manager and they tell me one is not on staff that night but when I go back to express that the smoke is bothersome all of a sudden a manager appears and is on staff. I would love to know what kind of business are they running. This is one Hampton Inn I would NOT recommend to any non smoker because you will be disappointed and possibly lied too. I have never had to write a review about any Hampton Inn but this one. They really need to work on their staff and how they handle situations. Then if someone books a non smoking room to give them a fully NON SMOKING room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
klikosar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us. I understand the freshness of the room was of concern during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our hotel's priority; therefore, I have brought your comments to our housekeeping team to resolve this situation. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area. Please contact me at 815-229-0404 to discuss this matter in more detail or if there is anything addition I may do to rectify the situation.
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

nice room - a little on the tight side - could have used another table or counter space in the room. Bed was comfortable, the reception area nice, staff pleasant and breakfast was good!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!