“comfortable no surprises” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Falls Church, Virginia
“comfortable no surprises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

nice room - a little on the tight side - could have used another table or counter space in the room. Bed was comfortable, the reception area nice, staff pleasant and breakfast was good!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great room, great staff, great everything. If you need to stay overnight in Rockford, stay here. I will.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just a wonderful property inside and out. Great staff and will make it my choice when I am here!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Rockford and the other positive reviewers were right - it was a beautiful place to stay at. From when we first arrived - all the little details caught my attention. On the outside, the yard and flowers were immaculate and the landscaping was beautiful. The flower arrangements were gorgeous. Not everyone would notice that type of thing. Then, the room itself was immaculate - modern, clean and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was Large and tasted great - with a big variety of items (hot and cold). The pool was great - but could have been warmer (my son didn't mind but I didn't swim because of it). The location was great. The next time we plan on staying over in Rockford, we will definitely go here again. If you area Hilton Rewards Member, you can also get points by staying here as it is a partner hotel. Oh, my only ridiculous complaint is that there were no garbage bags in the garbage cans in the room - luckily I had my own. I just think it's gross since we had take-out from a Thai restaurant and I wanted to dispose of it and get it out of the room. Also - if you're staying there - go to the Thai Hut - the best Thai food I've had in the states - and only a few miles away!

Room Tip: Anywhere is fine.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here recently to attend a nearby wedding. This was your usual new-ish Hampton Inn, clean, quite and friendly service with simple access off the Interstate. The hotel was packed to the brim with kids for a soccer tournament and we didn't hear a peep, so I can say the rooms are very quiet.

If there was a drawback I'd say it was the A/C unit. It was untypically noisy.

Breakfast was your usual Hampton Inn spread, which is to say, okay if you avoid anything they had to warm up/cook for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Usually Hampton Inns are a great place to stay and this was no exception. Very clean ,great friendly staff and a yummy warm breakfast - it was great! We also discovered in the morning that the hotel was filled with soccer and baseball teams, surprising to us since we didn't hear a peep all night. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, never heard anyone around us even though the hotel was sold out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My brother and I stayed here last night. We usually have great experiences at Hampton Inns. This one was clean and the room was just okay. I did not like the lack of water pressure in the shower. We had also asked to stay on the top floor. We were told the rooms were revamped to nonsmoking from smoking recently. I can't stand stale smoke smells so we got a room on the third floor. The problem was we were put right next to the stairs and heard the door all night. The location is a little difficult to get to and there is a strip club a few buildings over. We will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor unless you are a smoker.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!