“Will be coming back for sure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Belleville, Canada
“Will be coming back for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I take business trips to Rockford 2-3 times a year and after trying a few different hotels in the area I found a winner in Hampton Inn. The hotel is a great value for your money and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Every time I stay there it just feels like home. Like all the other hotels in the area Hampton Inn is close to the interstate and I initially worried about the noise from the traffic however the hotel has good sound proofing and noise is not an issue.

Pros: free breakfast in the morning starting at 6AM - Eggs/ham/sausage/bagels/fresh fruit/juice/coffee
Very clean/updated interiors/LCD TV in every room.
Extremely friendly and helpful front desk. Manager went out of her way to help me with my reservation
Convenient location close to restaurants/shops/interstate

Cons: swimming pool is quite small

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Northfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Would stay here again anytime. Clean and friendly.Stacy at front desk was the best.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Plusses: hot, free breakfast, free coffee 24-7, tidy rooms
Minuses: breakfast dining area was too small, tight, congested reception area, smallish pillows

I really like the free hot breakfast, with a make-you-own waffle area, fresh fruit, and egg dish. However, the first morning, the dining area was so crowded that we had to stand a while until a table or seat was available. The second morning we ate at 6 am, and had no problems finding a seat.

There was an indoor pool available, which seemed pretty crowded, and kid-friendly.

The room was clean, and smelled nice. The pillows seemed a little small, but the room attendant said she could provide additional pillows if we requested them.

The hotel is a very good value, and was located close to the interstate. It is not a plush, luxurious hotel (no nice, large lobby), but the nice perks, like free coffee and pool amenities make this a very good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Safe choice. Clean, pleasant helpful service, included breakfast, just off the interstate. Just a mid-point stopover for us while driving from Detroit to Minneapolis. Front desk attendant was especially helpful recommending an excellent upscale Italian restaurant nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I don't smoke and they gave a smoke room, couldn't change it because hotel was sold out. The front office manager was not friendly and rude. Her name is Caryl Clauson and she pointed to a card with my question instead of speaking to me. I did not she her smile once. The hotel employees would walk right by you and not speak. This was not a Hampton quality stay.

Room Tip: smoke rooms stink!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
klikosar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We strive to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I want to apologize since we obviously did not do that during your last visit with us. There is no excuse for rude team members and I will make sure to address this with our entire team as this is definitely not our standard. I hope you’ll allow me the opportunity to discuss this with you over the phone or via email. Please contact me at 815-229-0404 extension 500 or klikosar@ncghotels.com so I can correct the issue. I hope you’ll give us another try in the future so we can prove to you that your last experience with us was not a normal one. I look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The Hampton Inn was a great hotel and the front desk was extremely helpful with my tough situation. I needed a room earlier than when it would be available. They were nice enough to let me check in earlier so I could make it to an interview on time. They had a crib available for my 14 month old son and even let us use the milk the hotel had for him. The breakfast was by far one of the best I've ever had at a hotel with many options! I would recommend this hotel to anyone since they were very helpful to my family. I don't usually write reviews but I felt that their service was so exceptional that I better express it for other people!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Getzville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family stayed here for 1 night. The room was spacious enough for us to fit a pack n play for our infant daughter. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. You can definitely tell there has been a renovation and the hotel looked great. There was always fresh coffee in the lobby. The continental breakfast had a good variety and none of us went away hungry. This was our favorite hotel that we've stayed at in Rockford. We will definitely be back. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!