“My favorite hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford

You added Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 South Bell School Road, I-90 & East State Street Exit, Rockford, IL 61108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Seymour
“My favorite hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We frequently visit Rockford, IL for my children's soccer games/tournaments and by far my favorite place to stay there is the Radisson Hotel. Their rooms are standard with Sleep Number beds with down comforters, a refridgerator, and a microwave. Plus it is one of the cleanest places I have stayed. The one thing that would give this a 5 star excellent rating is a free breakfast. They offered to provide a buffet breakfast at $8 per person but we decided against that since the game that morning would not have allowed us to eat enough to warrent the cost. We will definetly be staying here again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel during an event at the Coronado Theatre. We spent two nights and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. Great tv and the room was laid out like a suite with a fridge. Because it was a family function I was not able to use the bar downstairs but was surprised to hear it was actually open til 2......it's not a big bar....just somewhere to go for a nightcap and relax. The free breakfast was sufficient and quite a bonus. Close to restaurants is a plus as well. We do a lot of traveling and I'd consider this a 3-star hotel.

Stayed March 2012
mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

My sister and I brought my parents to Rockford for my dad's 63rd class reunion the first weekend in November 2011. When we arrived, the bellman, Wes (i think), greeted us and took us and our luggage to our rooms. He was amazing! He explained the sleep number beds, local eateries, etc. We got two rooms...one smoking...one not. I was afraid, as a non smoker, I would still be bothered by the smoke anyway as our room needed to be close to my parents smoking room. It was not - at all! The hotel has the smoking rooms section behind glass doors and even in the hall outside the rooms, you can't smell the smoke. Great relief! The hotel was so clean and our rooms were immaculent! Even had turn down service - fun surprise! Plus, it was so quiet. Our non smoking room was the closest room to the elevator and I was afraid it would be noisy - NOT! Once in my room, I heard nothing. Now it was a fairly quiet weekend at the hotel but there were others staying on our floor and I never even heard the elevator. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice - clean as well with towels available in the pool area - I thought that was nice. Wanted to try out the excercise room - looked adequate - but again, didn't have an opportunity. There was a nice little pub/restaurant on the first floor - menu looked yummy and were told the chef is awesome. We were just too busy running our parents around to all their old "stomping grounds" There is nothing you could need or want that isn't close to this hotel...restaurants, drugstores, walmart, and shops. You can litterally be anywhere in minutes. It's just off the main road so easy access to everything and everywhere! One thing we did do while there that was a highlight was we went to Edwards Apple Orchard. It was a little bit of a drive but not bad at all and omgosh - so fun and great treats! Apple Cider donuts are the best! We will be staying here for sure on our next visit...maybe my dad's 64th class reunion!

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor on the back side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

First experience with a Sleep Number bed and now I want to buy one. Hotel and room was very clean. Was not impressed with the pool/spa area. The tile floor was extremely slippery when wet (poor choice of flooring) and pool temp wasn't very warm. Overall though, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed for one night but then moved to the Hampton across the street. We had a non-smoking room but the hallway was smokey and the smell made its way into our room. The gym was tiny and cramped and we found out after the fact that there is a gym down the street that we could have used. I do not like Sleep Number beds and we also found out after after the fact that they have regular bedded rooms. The hotel would be fine for some but not for me.

• Stayed April 2011
Vadnais Hts., MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stay at this hotel for one night while travelling home. It was a very comforable room. The room had two queen beds and a pull-out couch. The room was clean. Everything worked. Would stay here again if travelling through this area. The beds were sleep number beds. We paid $104 with AAA.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We had reserved this king sized room a while ago and decided to take our teenage son last minute. We were pleasantly surprised to find a large room divided by a short half-wall for privacy (king bed on one side and hide-a-bed sofa on the other). Everything was very clean, and nicely decorated. The bed was a sleep number bed and we were very comfortable (esp. using the firmness selection). They also had a nice 45 - 50" flat screen TV which our teenage son enjoyed (also wi-fi). The bathroom was very nice and updated (granite tops, etc.). When we called the front desk to report that the phones were not working, they sent someone one up immediately and fixed them. We found this hotel on Expedia at a special rate and were so glad we chose it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford? Share your experiences!