“Was ok.....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Nashville, Tennessee
“Was ok.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was working in Rockford for several weeks and stayed here. The hotel looked "worn". The second building smelled of mold. Rooms were ok except the thermostat never worked porperly. The staff was awesome! VERY HELPFUL!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Rockford, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Imcpht,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Rockford and for your kind words for my staff. I'm glad to hear that they were helpful during your stay. I would like to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will address your concerns with my staff right away. I do hope that if business brings you back to the area, you will allow us another opportunity to host you.

Jessica M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I were traveling with our 2 kids. We stayed in a room with a King size bed and a pull out couch! It was do comfortable. The room also had a full kitchen! They have a great free breakfast and on some nights they offer food in the evening. The kids enjoyed the pool and there is an exercise room! We will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel was a dream to stay at. I've stayed here a few times on business and each time I was never disappointed. The last time however I ran into a bit of fluke....a fluke as in the toilet malfunctioned and literally flooded my entire ONE ROOM SUITE!

Needless to say I was livid!!

But the good people at the Residence Inn came to the rescue!!!

First I was immediately relocated to a new room, as the night-time manager was immediately paged. The manager was completely punctuational, professional and even "comped" my room which of course meant I got to stay for free.

***Problem solved***

Other than that I have never had an issue. The suites were always clean, with up-to-date appliances, and the BEST SHOWER a hard-working man could ask for.

And for those who plan to eat out....DON'T. The hotel has the BEST BUFFET!! The breakfast was fantastic, the dinner was perfect! The selection overall was impeccable!

And last but certainly...NOT least......THE BED.

That bed was the most comfortable bed ever. After speaking to my sister about my wonderful stay....we found out that Marriott (who owns the Residence Inn) sells their bedding online!!!

At any rate, the next time I'm in Rockford Residence Inn will always be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mount Carroll, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a two-night getaway at this Residence Inn. Our one bedroom suite was spacious and comfortable, with a king bed and television in one room and a pull-out sofa bed and television in the other room. This separation allowed both my wife and me the opportunity to sleep the entire night without having to listen to my loud snoring. Excellent buffet breakfasts are served every morning along with three suppers per week including beer and wine. Nice pool, hot tub and exercise equipment, cleanliness and friendly staff added to our enjoyment of this facility.

Room Tip: We recommend a first floor suite in the main building where the swimming pool, hot tub, exercise equ...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

When deciding to stay in Rockford for one night to see a show, I looked online at the various hotels to see which one had the nicest looking rooms. They are nice and spacious and recently renovated. (They forgot to do the hallways...but that's ok I guess, since we weren't sleeping in them!) What a fool I am! THIS WAS THE LOUDEST HOTEL I HAVE STAYED IN.
It started with the fact we could hear the
1) wind and rain (it wasn't an exceptionally windy day either!)
2) furniture shaking/thumping & laughing above us at midnight
3) people screaming up and down the halls at 3am for over a half hour and using the access doors to the outside which made a huge racket every time opened. Clearly at no fault of the hotel as it can't control it's occupants.
4) miscellaneous knocking or tapping noise in the early am. (not what ure thinking....that was #2 above)
5) YOU COULD HEAR ALL THE WATER IN THE PIPES & IT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS GOING TO COME THROUGH THE CEILING. Are you kidding?

Looking forward to a restful night with the opportunity to sleep in considering our 3 kids were not with us. .. Plah!

If you must and and I mean must... Don't stay in room 223 ... Maybe stay on the 3rd floor?

I would never stay here again as I cherish restful sleep.

Ps. Temperature in room was also hard to regulate.

• Stayed November 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Rockford, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Ikoco28klk,
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our newly decorated rooms. Please accept my apologies for any noise that disturbed your stay. I understand how disappointing this would be, and I'm so sorry that happened. I would really like the opportunity to discuss your stay further. You can reach me at the hotel at your earliest convenience. I hope you will allow us another chance to change your mind on your next trip to Rockford.

Jill G.
Property Manager
815-227-0013
Tomah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place has now raised the bar for the rest of the hotels. This place was clean and very nicely put together. They fullfilled all of our needs. Close to shopping and restaurants. Perfect for the family. Basketball court outside and wonderful staff. we were checked in very quickly and had all questions answered from someone who seemed to know her stuff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was a good place and appeared to be getting an update as well. There are great foods places nearby and also quick access to I-90 to Chicago or Madison. The breakfasts are good with expected service as well.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!