“Above and beyond service” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Rockford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7434 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108   |
Ranked #6 of 24 hotels in Rockford
Trevor WI
“Above and beyond service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We recently stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Rockford, IL. We were staying at a motel unexpectedley, and we checked in very late and were very tired. The girl who checked us in, I believe her name was Patricia, was very friendly. When we were walking into our room my fiance accidently dropped our car keys, which fell into a part of the roof which we had no way of getting to. To make a long story short, the employees at the Red Roof that night, especially Keith Adams, went above and beyond to help us get our keys back. I cannot thank them enough, and if we are ever traveling through Rockford again we will definitely stay at this Red Roof Inn. Thanks also to Yolanda Harris for all your help.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
rockfordredroof, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in Rockford. We are pleased that the staff was so helpfull to retrieve your keys. I will share your comments with everyone as they appreciate hearing when they do a great job.

We look forward to hosting you again when you are traveling in the Rockford area.

Steve Marsceau
Red Roof Inn - Rockford, IL

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Port Washington, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed at a number of motels in Rockford and the Red Roof Inn was better than expected. I splurged for the Superior King and it was really nice. Great bed, desk with lamp, fridge, microwave, etc. The room isn't huge, but it was just right for a couple nights. This location has two buildings and I my room was on the second floor of the building closest to busy E. State St. (Hwy 20), even so despite the traffic the room was quiet and I was impressed. Drawbacks are stairs (no elevator), so if you have a lot of luggage you might have to make a couple trips to get everything in the room. Also, ice is located in the building with the front desk, so if you're not in that building, it's a bit of a trek across the parking lot (harsh if it's cold). There's a Starbucks next door and I-90 is nearby. A bonus is Gerry's Pizza on the west side of the property - they're open late and the pizza is very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof.

Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nice hot shower with good water pressure. Clean Room.

I had 2 double beds in my room. The one closer to the TV was not as in as good of shape as the other one. I would have rated this place higher except the bed of rocks.

The general area seemed 'okay'. The motel parking seemed a little exposed. The front desk woman arranged it so that I could have a room close to the front office to feel safe.

Room Tip: single lady travelers may prefer to have a room close to the front and the office to feel safer.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. And with that we have you will be happy to know that starting in March 2013 we will be replacing all of our beds and bedding.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

It was late and I needed a place to sleep for a few hours. I had no reservations. The Red Roof Inn in Rockford filled my needs. Sure, the rooms were small, the towels were small and the breakfast was minimal. But, the price was also small. It worked for me. Easy to fine from I-90.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof.

Genoa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stay here on average once a month. Rooms rate a 9/10 for being clean but can tell you a few things about previous stays. 2x reservations made were given a nonsmoking room. They just give an ashtray-then it's no longer non smoking, is it? We have NEVER had a tv that worked well, and the bad thing is if you complain, instead of changing your room, they actually waste your paid room time by coming in to try and fix the tv!!! Went in without reservations once and were told it was booked. Called on the phone--same man, I was sitting in my car watching him--made a reservation and walked in with confirmation number. I know they have to have so many rooms for walk ins, calls, etc., but let me tell you, he was a little more than embarrassed when he realized what I did. For as many times as we've stayed, we've never gotten a discount or comped room...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Rockford Red Roof.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns that occurred during your reservation process as well as your stays to prevent any future occurrence.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was looking for something basic while driving through Rockford on a road trip, and this seemed the most decent option for the price. Overall, it wasn't bad but I would not have stayed here more than one night. The staff was okay but not overly friendly. The bed was not in good shape - every time I sat on the bed, I could hear (and feel) the springs bouncing up and down, although I slept well enough in it. I also had to deal with a couple of flies that were camped out in the room when I got there. Other than that, I had no major problems and the price was certainly good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof.

I did also want you to know we will be doing a full renovation on this property in January of 2013. So hopefully on your next trip through Rockford you will come enjoy our new Beds etc…

Malvern, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

First impression was good. Friendly staff, clean, decent bed. Room smelled fine until we turned on the air, then an unpleasant odor started. Left and went to dinner and odor was worse when we returned, smelled like wet, dirtysocks. Should have complained, but not my style. If this happens to you, either switch rooms or leave, it does not improve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof.

If you could please email your name that the reservation was under, I will look into that rooms HVAC concerns. I will also take the measue to check additional rooms to make sure we do not have that situation happenning in other rooms.

Been to Red Roof Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!