“Red roof was a great choice, very hospitable!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Rockford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7434 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
orlando
“Red roof was a great choice, very hospitable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

After having a very bad experience at another hotel, we went to check out the red roof and the staff was awesome! Was worried about the rooms but come to find out it was newly renovated. Felt so at ease at this hotel. The only thing wrong with cleanliness was the smell of the sheets. Thats something I always check and haven't been impressed with at that rate. Over all, Great Hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Midland Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel was clean and looked like it was kept up, I arrived at night so I didn't get a chance to really look around. I was meet at the front desk by a gentleman named Keith. More places should have employees like him. Very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and neat. The beds however need replacing, and the pillows are rock hard. If your passing through it's a good spot to stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review here on trip advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof. We hope to be starting to replace all our beds and bedding (including Pillows) in mid-October.
plainfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel was clean and kept up. My car would not start and I went to the front desk. She was useless but I found the maintainence man. He was extremely helpful. We tried jumping my car, he came with tools and he even took me to buy a new battery. You can have peace of mind staying here that if something unexpected happens the maintainence person is very personable and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

I will make sure to share your comments with Richard our Maintenance man. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Nisswa MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The room was fine. I prefer first floor, but did not get my request. Room was clean. My only complaint about this motel is that the areas near the stairs were not clean. This seems to be a common situation at Red Roof Inns. Exterior halls are clean, but the area under the stairs is not. I wish the chain management would encourage local management to deal with this

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mequon, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room would have been OK, except it smelled of smoke and had two small dead bugs in the corner of the bathroom floor. I asked if they had a machine to clear out the smell and they offered spray. I should have requested a different room when I first walked into it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
j
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

rooms were clean & some amenities have been update but the beds are not comfortable Small refrigerators are a much needed upgrade to all rooms.

Room Tip: not facing the road is always quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We've stayed here in past and it seems to be going downhill..however for the price & a one night stay it serves the need. My main complaint is that the beds are too hard & the matress has very little give. also, the room was like an oven when we went in,,,they had heat turned way up..I opened door ant it was only 35 out but still took about 15 min. to cool it down. If every room was that way they are wasting a LOT of energy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
rockfordredroof, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Rockford.
It is always great to see what our guests are saying about us.

I am sorry the heat was turned too high in your guest room. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure the temperatures are set at the proper level. Yes, this is a waste of energy and is uncomfortable to have to open the door to cool the room down. I appreciate your comments regarding this and it is helpful when working and coaching our staff.

We appreciate your comments and hope that you will again use us when traveling in the Rockford area.

Steve Marsceau
Manager - Red Roof Inn

Been to Red Roof Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!