“Help when i needed it most” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Rockford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7434 East State Street, Rockford, IL 61108   |
Ranked #6 of 24 hotels in Rockford
plainfield
“Help when i needed it most”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel was clean and kept up. My car would not start and I went to the front desk. She was useless but I found the maintainence man. He was extremely helpful. We tried jumping my car, he came with tools and he even took me to buy a new battery. You can have peace of mind staying here that if something unexpected happens the maintainence person is very personable and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Rockford Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with Richard our Maintenance man. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nisswa MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The room was fine. I prefer first floor, but did not get my request. Room was clean. My only complaint about this motel is that the areas near the stairs were not clean. This seems to be a common situation at Red Roof Inns. Exterior halls are clean, but the area under the stairs is not. I wish the chain management would encourage local management to deal with this

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mequon, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room would have been OK, except it smelled of smoke and had two small dead bugs in the corner of the bathroom floor. I asked if they had a machine to clear out the smell and they offered spray. I should have requested a different room when I first walked into it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
j
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

rooms were clean & some amenities have been update but the beds are not comfortable Small refrigerators are a much needed upgrade to all rooms.

Room Tip: not facing the road is always quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We've stayed here in past and it seems to be going downhill..however for the price & a one night stay it serves the need. My main complaint is that the beds are too hard & the matress has very little give. also, the room was like an oven when we went in,,,they had heat turned way up..I opened door ant it was only 35 out but still took about 15 min. to cool it down. If every room was that way they are wasting a LOT of energy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
rockfordredroof, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Rockford.
It is always great to see what our guests are saying about us.

I am sorry the heat was turned too high in your guest room. I will share your comments with our staff to ensure the temperatures are set at the proper level. Yes, this is a waste of energy and is uncomfortable to have to open the door to cool the room down. I appreciate your comments regarding this and it is helpful when working and coaching our staff.

We appreciate your comments and hope that you will again use us when traveling in the Rockford area.

Manager - Red Roof Inn
Dubuque, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had a one night stay at the Red Roof Inn in Rockford in January 2012. I did not want to stay at this hotel but our travel companions insisted. The price was great. There are plenty places to eat nearby and very close to the airport. The check in was fast. We parked right outside of our room. The rooms were extremely small but all we needed was a bed and a shower. The rooms were very clean and smelled good. No alarm clocks in the room and we didn't get our 4am wake up call because they had put it in the computer as 4pm by mistake. Luckily we had set our phone alarm also. We will stay here again especially since the Rockford Airport is now having direct flights to tropical destinations. Saves us the hassle of Chicago Ohare.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in February at our Red Roof Inn of Rockford.
We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us, and that we are convenient to the Rockford Airport when traveling. It does help when trying to stay out of the busy Chicago area.

I am sorry there was no clock in your guest room. I will share your comments with housekeeping and maintenance to ensure supplies are in the rooms. I will also share the comments of the missed 4am wake up call and to stress the importance of entering the correct time into the system. I am glad that you were not delayed for your flights out of Rockford.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to see you again at Red Roof Inn when traveling through the Rockford area.

General Manager - Rockford
St. Paulul, Minnesota, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We wanted a cheap place to sleep on a road trip near Chicago and picked this motel based on reviews that said it was a good value for an overnight stay. They were correct. The check-in was quick, room was clean, there were plenty of restaurants nearby and the place was quiet. The downside was very firm beds, no in-room coffee maker or hair dryer, and no continental breakfast (all of which we knew about beforehand, and is typical for Red Roof). Also, the heater was noisy. It was better to sleep in a slightly cold room than leave it on all night. Wi-fi worked well. For a family of 4 or more it might be a better deal to stay somewhere a little more expensive but has a free breakfast, plus the rooms would be a bit small for 4 people.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn of Rockford, IL. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your stay.

You mentioned you missed the in room coffee. Our superior King rooms offer a larger room, in room coffee, and a micro-fridge. Perhaps in your future travels you may want to try our upgraded room with the extra amenities. We also offer hairdryers and irons at the front desk for our guests as well.

I will share your comments with our staff as they appreciate comments from guests to see how they are doing and how they can better the property.

We hope you will again select our Red Roof Inn of Rockford when traveling to the area in the future.

General Manager - Red Roof Inn

Been to Red Roof Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!