“save your money” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 43 things to do in Rockford
More attraction details
Owner description: At CoCo Key we make kids happy! Combining the relaxation and enchantment of the Keys with the wild excitement of a 60,000 square foot indoor water park, your family’s tropical getaway is all right here. Whether splashing for just a day or staying at the Best Western Clock Tower Resort with one of our signature overnight packages, Rockford’s CoCo Key is Illinois' most complete indoor water park experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
“save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

When there last week. The pool was dirty and the hot tub was not working and they would not let the children in the other hot tub. The worst part of our visit was the lifeguards were very mean. My grandson wanted to leave. We did ask for our money back and they refused. They did give our passes which we will not use. We will not ever go back there. IT IS NOT KID freindly

Merced, California
5 attraction reviews
“Great watermark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a great indoor watermark for the 2 to 12 set, with three slides that will thrill teens and adults. We were there during the week and there was no crowding or issues. My boys really enjoyed this park.

Belvidere, Illinois
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My 6 year old son and I had a great time today. Very clean. Great price. Easy access and parking. Friendly staff. Nice environment and decor. Temperature was fantastic and the water was neither too cold or too hot. I was very impressed. I love the fact that it isn't huge like Magic Waters so it was easy for me to keep an eye on him while giving him a little independence. My only complaint... the lounge chairs are a little funky so we moved to a table. Problem solved. Will be recommending this.

, Staff at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback about CoCo Key. We are happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to another opportunity to provide your family with splashtacular indoor water park fun!
Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
“Tons of fun, but needs more cleaning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Well guarded, safety is a high priority and even non-swimmers have plenty to do. It's small so supervising isn't difficult. It gets very crowded and personally, even in winter, the heat is too much for me. I'm not sure about how clean it is. We never get sick after visiting, but I always feel gross when I leave. They don't mess around with their chlorination, so germs are probably few, but the water's cloudy by the end of the day...ewww.

Visited March 2012
Rockford, Illinois, United States
“Won't Return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My family and I decided to go on Father's Day...Mom, Dad, 9year old, 5 year old and 3 year old. We paid $20 each and Dad was free, so that was nice. When we entered the park area I was a little set back because I could easily see everything within a very short reach, I think I was expecting something bigger, we have been to the Dells water parks and this was so much smaller. The older kids went to the lazy river first and it was more like a lazy circle...about two minutes to get through. The water in the river was the nicest of them all though...it really did get cooler depending on where you were and the smallest pool made for the younger children was very cold. Also, my 3 year old isn't that fond of spraying and pouring water and there was no activity area for him to go that didn't subject him to some sort of occasional spray or water drop. After going attempting the kiddie pool and realizing that he was shaking from the cold I took him up to the counter to request a towel, the worker looked unsure of what to do and told me to hold on...he finished his paper work and then walked across the park to talk to someone...he came back a few minutes later and asked me if I was a guest at the hotel, I said no that we were just there for the day. He told me we couldn't have a complimentary towel unless we were guests. So my three year old son sat there shivering, I took him back to our seat that was dirty when we arrived and covered him in clothes from the bag. You can walk outside and there are lounge chairs there...we went outside to warm up and dry off. It looks like there was an outside pool at one time and it was filled with concrete. I don't understand why there would be no outdoor pool area but oh well. I wouldn't go back again. For the cost and value I could take the kids to Magic Waters or even just a regular pool and they would have had just as much fun. It reminds me of a sample of an actual "resort" or "park"...not full size in anything, even the locker room.

Visited June 2012
Clocktowermarketing, Public Relations Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We are sorry you were disappointed with your visit to CoCo Key. CoCo Key offers over 60,000 square feet of indoor water park fun. Sure, Wisconsin Dells (the water park capital of THE WORLD) does have some impressive attractions. But when looking for a weatherproof water park adventure close to home, CoCo Key is an excellent choice.

In an effort to be more environmentally conscious, CoCo Key only provides complimentary towels for hotel guests. We do provide towel service for a nominal charge to day pass guests who have forgotten to bring towels from home. We’re sorry if this option wasn’t offered to you. Just a note, Magic Waters does not offer any towel service, nor do other local pools or water attractions.