“Looks good, but something needs to be improved” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Rockford to your Saves list
Days Inn Rockford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 S. Lyford Road, Rockford, IL 61108   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Rockford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Princeton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Started out our vacation staying at the Days Inn Rockford the night before we departed from Chicago Rockford airport. Days Inn Rockford is in a convenient location, easy access off interstate and back on to US 20 to the airport. The rooms are clean and quiet. Check in was easy and in the morning, Monique was friendly and made sure we had a good night and breakfast items in the morning before we left. Thank you for your service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We thank you for your review; Monique will also be applauded on a job well done. We appreciate it!
Westland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE !!
The only outstanding thing about this place was a front desk employee by the name of Elise. She helped modify my reservation a week before my stay (phone call) and was exceptional during my stay in Rockford il. Here are the issues with this hotel:

* there is a guy who apparently lives in this hotel and was constantly in the lobby. He listens to check in information and watches customers during that process. I noticed he was in the lobby trying to flirt with the desk folks most of the time when I went to that area to get a coffee.

*desk attendants place the personal information of guests in a drawer, in full view of this guy and anyone else standing there. Identity theft is a concern to ALL of us. It would be easy to rip off the content of this drawer. This guy must have observed me giving "Elise" a small tip for all the help she had been because later in the week, when I was at the lobby to get a cup of coffee he commented to the Manager, pointing to me, 'He's the one that gave her the tip" . That was down right CREEPY. This guy should be bounced out of the place by the hotels independent owner! it is apparent that the Days Inn chain does not care about how their hotels operate.

* the cleaning folks can not speak english, at all. Staff have to communicate with them via a computer program which translates english into their native language. I discovered this when I reported to Mgt. that, after returning one night, I found my room door was not fully closed. I opened the door with one finger. My belongings were, therefore, open to anyone (including the creep who lives there) ALL day after my room had been " cleaned". Mgt. advised me they would put my complaint into the computer (program) so the cleaning staff would be able to understand the concern

* rooms are only moderately clean. I bought a cheap pair of flip flops while there when I realized the bottoms of my feet left black footprints in the shower after I had been walking barefoot in the room one morning.

I stay in the Rockford area 2-3 times per year, for a week each time. I will NOT stay here again. There is a Baymont hotel across the road that advertised a better rate, is better lit, newer, and there is restaurant immediately next to it

Room Tip: semi trucks park on the South side of this place and often leave the engines running all night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Days Inn L, General Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We greatly appreciate your feedback. We will pass along the positive comments to our front desk for their excellent customer service. We apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Please know that your safety and security is our top priority, along with customer service and cleanliness. We will review the feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes in an effort to provide an even more enjoyable environment for all of our future guests. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (815)332-4915 x 148 for any further concerns.
Elma Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stay at a lot of places in Rockford, but this is one of the best.Due to my work, my wife and I are monthly guest. Donita is the most helpful manager you could hope for. If you are looking for value and cleanliness, this is the place! Rooms are supplied daily with fresh linens. Workers are all great!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much to the staff. We are delighted that you find Days Inn to be one of the best, but it’s customers like you who make us who we are. Thanks again!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Although I didn't want to stay at the Days Inn at first, I'm glad that I did. The room that my husband and I had was very clean and we were able to get a god night's sleep. The front desk lady, Capresha, was very nice and couteous and she also was on time with our wake up phone call. The continental breakfast was okay, but could be better, such as having more options to choose from. But everything was pretty good and I will come here again if I am ever in this area. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving the Days Inn a chance. I am sorry to hear that you did not want to stay at first, but glad you decided to give us a try anyways. Also know that our staff appreciates the compliments as well as the Days Inn. We appreciate the business and we look forward to your visit in the future.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My stay was very pleasant. When we arrived Mrs. Capreshia was helpful with getting us a room and although it was late she was still friendly and smiling. Our room was very clean and the hotel was quiet, which allowed us to sleep comfortably. With the great service, cleanliness of the hotel and the reasonable rates, overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thanks for the positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time out to commend Capreshia to let us know what a great job she is doing! On behalf of the Days Inn team thank you for staying, we hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My stay at the Days Inn Rockford, was very cozy. The rooms were clean. The breastfast was good. Capreshia was very helpful aswell. She was friendly, and helpful. The facility was very clean and the coffee was fresh! I also like that the movie theater is right next door! Great location and reasonable prices.

• Stayed December 2012
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thanks for choosing the Days Inn, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful to you and we will make sure that Capreshia will be recognized for her great service. Thanks again!

Been to Days Inn Rockford? Share your experiences!