DO NOT STAY HERE !!
The only outstanding thing about this place was a front desk employee by the name of Elise. She helped modify my reservation a week before my stay (phone call) and was exceptional during my stay in Rockford il. Here are the issues with this hotel:
* there is a guy who apparently lives in this hotel and was constantly in the lobby. He listens to check in information and watches customers during that process. I noticed he was in the lobby trying to flirt with the desk folks most of the time when I went to that area to get a coffee.
*desk attendants place the personal information of guests in a drawer, in full view of this guy and anyone else standing there. Identity theft is a concern to ALL of us. It would be easy to rip off the content of this drawer. This guy must have observed me giving "Elise" a small tip for all the help she had been because later in the week, when I was at the lobby to get a cup of coffee he commented to the Manager, pointing to me, 'He's the one that gave her the tip" . That was down right CREEPY. This guy should be bounced out of the place by the hotels independent owner! it is apparent that the Days Inn chain does not care about how their hotels operate.
* the cleaning folks can not speak english, at all. Staff have to communicate with them via a computer program which translates english into their native language. I discovered this when I reported to Mgt. that, after returning one night, I found my room door was not fully closed. I opened the door with one finger. My belongings were, therefore, open to anyone (including the creep who lives there) ALL day after my room had been " cleaned". Mgt. advised me they would put my complaint into the computer (program) so the cleaning staff would be able to understand the concern
* rooms are only moderately clean. I bought a cheap pair of flip flops while there when I realized the bottoms of my feet left black footprints in the shower after I had been walking barefoot in the room one morning.
I stay in the Rockford area 2-3 times per year, for a week each time. I will NOT stay here again. There is a Baymont hotel across the road that advertised a better rate, is better lit, newer, and there is restaurant immediately next to it
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Rockford Hotel Rockford
- Days Inn Rockford Hotel
- Exel Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn Rockford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.