“Baymont. Rockford. I: 6-30-13” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Rockford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Disappointing stay last night at this hotel. Stay elsewhere! Celebrating my daughter's birthday at the waterpark in Rockford and thought we could stay here to extend the celebration with her and her friends. Booked a room with an adjoining room (yes, I called last week and they said it would be no problem) but when we arrived they couldn't accommodate us. My husband spoke to the manager to no avail. Room 408 and 410 were next door to each other and since we couldn't leave the doors open so we can watch the girls, I had to sleep on the floor on the 2nd room. I requested a cot but the front desk clerk said they didn't have any. I requested bed sheets and hours later it still had not been delivered. I finally called the front desk and she said, "come and get it." Even though our rooms were non-smoking, the first thing you smell from the elevator is the musty smoky smell emanating from the room next door. The hallway is not clean as you can see from my uploaded photos I took this morning. As I was coming up the elevator this morning, another rider was carrying toilet paper. She said that was staying there for 3 nights now and housekeeper never leave extra toilet paper in the room so she had to get it from the front desk. Breakfast is average although the Upstate Farms Raspberry yogurt was pretty good. Nevertheless, I am staying elsewhere next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: 4th floor has that musty smoky smell so if you're child has allergies, this is not a good place...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BaymontRockfordGM, General Manager at Baymont Inn And Suites Rockford, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the in convenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (815)229-8200 ext. 162.

Michele Watson

Been to Baymont Inn And Suites Rockford? Share your experiences!