“Ok, this sushi we enjoyed!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Ok, this sushi we enjoyed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

So, the food and prices were good. The tea was Japanese Matcha - impressive. It wasn't the best matcha I've had, but it tasted pretty good with the sushi.

The rolls were all really fresh and flavorful. They have a cajun one that rocks. We ordered 2. The atmosphere doesn't really make you want to linger. It's too open between tables and there's a water machine on the other side of their room divider that sounds like someone is tinkling every now and then.

Order takeout and chill at home. It's good stuff!

Visited January 2013

Rockford, Illinois, United States
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The freshest sashimi I have had, great quality, I go as often as I can. The Bento Box lunches are wonderful, so is the Teriyaki Chicken

Visited December 2012
Rockford, Illinois
“Nice lunch spot and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I eat here for lunch only, as it is close to my house. Therefore, I can only comment on my lunch experience. We always go for the sushi, which we find to be consistently good. I like the tiger roll and Thor roll; my lunch associate likes the crunchy roll. The service has been very good and the staff friendly. The "atmosphere" is a little lack luster, but not to the point that it is a negative. I will return to Spider for lunch, as I do every week.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Poplar Grove, IL
“Good sushi, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I work across the street at UTAS, so I think the location is great! A short walk to sushi - what could be better? Food is very good, service is generally quick although not very friendly. Improved atmosphere, overall a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Unexpected Awesome Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I did not expect to receive one of the best sushi lunches in rural Illinois, but I did. If you choose this restaurant, definitely try the Thor roll.

• Visited October 2012