“One of our favorites for carry out” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Rockford, Illinois
“One of our favorites for carry out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Lino's pizza crust is the best! Crust is thin but not dried out. So tasty. Pastas are good too. Earlier this evening we had carry out and I had their lasagna. Yum. Lino's "Special Salad" is also worth returning for. Prices are good too. You won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2012

“Unusually bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We went there last night. We made reservations and were seated about 20 minutes after the reserved time. Not that bad considering how busy they were. We were approached the first time by the server about 10 minutes after we were seated. We ordered drinks and another 10 minutes went by. She finally rushed by and dropped the drinks off. Immediately I could tell by the color of the drinks that there was virtually no alcohol in either. We tasted them and sure enough they were incredibly lacking in alcohol. Mine was almost clear and there was supposed to be whiskey in it.
When the server finally returned, we asked that the drinks be sent back and we would just have water. Hard to screw up water. We had only the one sip of the cocktails so it's not like we drank them and then didn't want to pay. She returned with the manager who let us know that we wouldn't be charged for the drinks. Really? How considerate considering they weren't mixed correctly and they were returned nearly untouched.
So we order...my wife lasagna and me a steak. After about 10-15 minutes our salads were brought with bread/butter. My soup was also brought. 2 minutes later our meal came. We were at a very small table so we were basically forced to stop eating the salads or have our entrees sit next to the table in the aisle. Away go our salads.
My wife's lasagna was very good. Hot and well made. My steak on the other hand looked awful. It had a gray appearance but I gave it a chance. By the time I cut away all the gristle, fat and discolored areas there was about half of the meat remaining. I tasted it and it literally had no flavor at all. I tried salt....3times...to no avail. Finally I gave up and ate the tiny potato...which WAS delicious . Our server never returned to see how things were. She finally returned to see if we wanted a box to take things home. I told her to give us a bill but the steak was horrible and I wouldn't want to take it home even for my dogs. Again the manager came back. Since I ate only one or two bites of my meat it was clear that there were problems. He told me that they don't " just buy any kind of meat" after I explained that the steak was cooked properly but it was a bad piece of meat. I was very willing to pay for the steak since I'd already decided I would never return and I didn't want to create a scene or embarrass anyone. He did finally take the steak off the bill.

The bill was dropped off and I checked it out. I was going to pay with my debit card but the server never returned. After 15 minutes we managed to pool our cash together and left cash.

So in summary...incredibly slow and thoughtless service....watered down drinks...poor timing or our food...and a steak that was tasteless, tough and gray. Are they having financial problems there? It's the only reason I can think of that they would serve meat and drinks like that.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rockton, Illinois
“Different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Was a cute Italian place with little side rooms. There were 5 of us, 4 bigger adults and a young boy. They sat us in the little side room and it was very crowded, no room for plates, food, and drinks. We had to keep tracking down out waitress, like she forgot about us. The food was very good, but so not worth the aggravation. Had the waitress been more attentive, we could have left about 30 min sooner than we did

Visited July 2012
Rockford, Illinois
“Always the place I chose on my birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've moved back to Rockford, when I was gone, and would travel back to town,
this was always on my must visit list. LOVE the special salad. Now that I've moved back,
I can stop at Lino's on my way home and get a special salad to go!!! Best $4 you'll ever spend.
I would also recommend their chicken parm. So much food that you can eat one there
and have the other one for lunch the next day.

Or if ordering to go ~ ask for the stimulus package = 1 large pizza / special salad and liter of soda
for $12! (and no - I don't work for Joe!)

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Casual, non-chain, tasty Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was suggested by the Front Desk staff, and we were mighty glad she did suggest it! It is casual but has a great established feel (though busy!). Seems like it would be a place Italian families in the area would frequent for a casual family meal out. While we were there, there was a groom's dinner party of about 40 near us. However, they were all perfectly cordial to others (including us - the groom was very concerned about my "wheelchaired" friend and our comfort - though not necessary) while having a great time with their dinner. Staff wasn't super gushy-friendly, but very attentive and we waited for very little - perfectly timed service and delivery on items.

Also a great value for what you received compared to price.

I look forward to an opportunity to return.

Visited August 2012