“Awesome - You must go here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Rock Island
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lone Oak, TX
“Awesome - You must go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a gem in Rock Island. The brew pub has excellent food, micro-brews, and service. We liked it so well the first night we came back the second night.

The menu has a great selection of appetizers, sandwiches and dinner entrees including seafood, steak, chicken and pasta.

The micro-brews we tried were exceptional - and I rarely like micro-brews.

The daily specials are creative and a great value.

Some things we recommend are the walleye, bacon-crusted sirloin steak, tomato/basil soup, and the spinach dip.

We will definitely return the next time we visit Rock Island.

Visited September 2012

Wildwood
“Great Soups and Fish! Who Knew?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We recently moved to the Quad Cities and feel like the Blue Cat is our "special" find. The soups are all homemade and we have enjoyed them all, particularly the olive soup (sounds weird, but it was delightful and different). The duck drummies are great and a nice change from the same old chicken wings. My favorite is the pork loin done in a bourbon sauce. The grouper is always outstanding, as is the catfish with a delightful jalapeno dip. I have eaten there enough to trust the chef and I now usually order the fish special of the day. So far we have not been disappointed! The service has always been prompt and friendly. Great brew pub with some unusual menu items that puts it way ahead of the pack!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reading, Pennsylvania
“a regular brewing company”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We ordered the pretzels (ok), the pulled pork (pretty good, but spicy), the salmon sandwich (ok, not a lot of flavor, and a beer sampler (nothing really remarkable). Our waitress was really friendly, and the food came quickly. I saw in some of the reviews that people thought the place was dirty, but I didn't think there was anything wrong. I thought it was really empty for a Thursday night. In addition to the microbrews, they have a selection of beers from all over, and you just have to tell the waitress what you're interested in, and she'll go down to the cooler and grab you a bunch to choose from.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Wonderful brew pub in downtown Rock Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Above average micro-beer and a great place for sandwiches and pub food in lovely downtown area. Catfish logo is very cool. Buy a pint glass souvenir.

Visited September 2011
Rock Island, Illinois
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Wait staff is average, but food is good. I had the london broil sandwich and my jaw dropped. for some reason, the sides were heavy on vinegar for both my wife and I, but it could have been an off night.

Visited July 2012