“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Milwaukee
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

To start out I am gluten intolerant. I heard Ganson's is gluten free friendly. We stopped in for a piece of GF cake. It was in the afternoon and they were sold out. While there looked at the menu, it looked so good we decided to grab a sandwich. I can't say enough about how good the focaccia was. Anyone who knows GF will know the bread is horrible. This was great, and the chicken salad I had was wonderful. My husband had a regular sandwich and he loved his as well. Needless to say we went back the next day for the cake and ended up eating the best GF french toast ever. We had the same girl both times and she remembered me and asked if she should wrap the cake. The service was fantastic, coffee was great and food terrific. We do not live around here but whenever we are in town this will be our 1st stop.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lansing, Michigan
“"Ganson's is excellence at it's best"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Ganson's Bakery & Café is a must try place. I guarantee after you eat at their lovely, locally owned establishment it will become your favorite spot to dine. I had the Harper House Steak burger, let me tell you it was the most excellent burger I've ever had in my life. Ganson's also has all homemade pastries and desserts. I enjoyed a delicious piece of Snicker cheesecake which was rich, creamy, and simply decadent! When you walk into this place your greeted by very personable wait staff that know how to take care of customer needs. Next time I go I hope the weather cooperates allowing me to enjoy their large deck area. Ganson's is the place to go!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lucky you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great food. Stuff you don't see anywhere else. Plus they serve alcohol. Win win! Nice staff and atmosphere. This is our favorite QCA restaurant.

Oswego, Illinois
“Friendly, Charming, and Down Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stopped here for an early lunch last Sunday (a lot of folks were choosing breakfast items), and were totally charmed. You feel like you're eating in someone's house, who happens to be hosting a bunch of people you don't know, but it adds up to a very friendly atmosphere. The food isn't fancy or pretentious, but it's not boring either. More like something you'd make for friends at home if you had the time, skills, and ingredients. I had The Harper House, which seems to be for people that can't decide between a burger and BBQ, and it was sloppy fun (and tasty). I also tried some locally brewed beer, which seemed to fit perfectly.

It's not gourmet, but that's not always the point. And the somewhat kitschy decor inspired a rediscovery of Bix Beiderbecke, a sort of local hero, which was a bonus.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Davenport, Iowa, United States
“One of Rock Island's Better Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Lunch with a friend at this friendly, comfortable place. Ganson's has a good reputation and deservedly so. Creative menu, including Mac and Cheese with options for stir ins. The dish was a bit bland, but otherwise well-prepared. We will return for their breakfast or dinner.

Visited March 2014