“UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn - Rock Falls

You added Days Inn - Rock Falls to your Saves list
Days Inn - Rock Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2105 1st Ave., Rock Falls, IL 61071 (Formerly Rock Falls Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rock Falls
Kansas City, Missouri
“UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My sister-in-law and I stayed at this hotel recently. I had just become a first time grandmother and was so excited to be here. When my card was declined at a local fast food restaurant, I called the credit card company and discovered that the hotel had put a hold on my credit card effectively cutting off my source of money to buy food and gas. I went back to the hotel and talked to someone at the front desk. He informed me that this was policy and that nothing could be done until I checked out. I asked if they could go ahead and charge me for the four nights' stay so that I could use my card, but the answer was no. After talking with my credit card company, I realized that I couldn't even check out early and have the use of my card. Apparently it could take up to three days after my card was charged for the hold to be removed. After returning home, I called the hotel to inquire as to how long would I have to wait until I had the use of my card again. The woman I spoke with was extremely rude. She argued with me saying that the hotel does not put holds on cards. Then she said they only put holds on debit cards. I told her that the hotel does place holds on cards and that mine was a credit card. She tried to brush me off with "you'll have to talk to the credit card company, we don't remove holds". I informed her that the guy at the dest that I had talked to while at the hotel told me that the hotel placed the hold and that the hotel would remove the hold. Then she really got nasty. She said, "you used your card to check out, so you must be able to use it." Oh boy, was she something! I called back the next morning and talked to a guy (believe him to be the one I spoke to in person). He probably had a heads up from the hateful woman because he was very accomodating. He called my credit card company and asked that the hold be removed. He then called me back to tell me that it would take effect the next day. Which it did. All in all, my card was useless to me for 7 days. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to report since your last stay we have changed to a Days Inn, providing brand standards across the board and are now also 100% non smoking. We are updating much of the property with new beds, TV's and even increasing the internet speeds for our guests. While the prior management here was not very well qualified to run the property we have a very experienced manager now in place and it shows. Then to top it all off the prices have been lowered to better suit more guests as we know times are tough and we want to be your only choice when in the area. I also know many of the hotels reviews are rather old and not remotely accurate to what we are now, we wanted to take the time to address them, as we want more reviews to better help us improve everyday, and if you look at our competitors, none take this extra time that we always will.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Plainfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Being that I am not a smoker I do not have a problem with the policy of "No Smoking" in the hotel or $200.00 fine if you do smoke and get caught. Walking to our room the halls smelled and when we arrived to our room that also smelled of a somewhat different odor. It smelled so bad I somehow wonder how they would even smell cigarette smoke over the thickness of the other odors. The hotel owes me $200.00 for having to endure that smell. One good thing was that there is a dollar bill close by so I bought a candle and a can of fragrant spray for the room. Anyways, lets not forget they are renovating. Please fix those doors first. People were slamming the constantly (morning, night & day). Pool was closed - being renovated. Restaurant/lounge attched to the hotel. Service great!! Food OK!! Spirits out of this world!! Breakfast you can forget-it!! Dining is at the hotel entrance area. $100.00 for the night is a little too much for the noise, smell, etc. I probably will go back when the renovations are finished. I think it will be a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: If you have kids, get a room by the pool (of course, after the renovations are completed).
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn - Rock Falls? Share your experiences!