“You Can Never Go Home Again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rock Falls
Chicago, Illinois
“You Can Never Go Home Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You cannot beat this hotel or this chain for a nice stay with no surprises. This hotel is also located right next door to the best restaurant in town- just walk across the parking lot. It is also walking distance to the canal path (weather permitting).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bloomington IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Country Inn and Suites in Rock Falls is the best of breed in an area that doesn't offer much in the way of hotels. It is a typical clean, well-run, roomy and comfortable Country Inn offering a good hot breakfast in a room that can get pretty crowded at morning rush hour. I have stayed here several times and have never been able to get a rate appropriate for what the local market should require. But the local market doesn't appear to be able to support much else. You won't be unhappy or disappointed with your stay here. They execute well .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our car broke down outside Rock Falls, so this was not a planned stay, and we had to pay the standard rate. The first room we got had a chirping fire alarm, so we asked to be moved. We got a different room, but had to move a LOT of luggage/toys after lugging it all in the first time. The rooms were clean, as was the bathroom. There were a couple of problems with breakfast. Unfortunately, a large delivery of food was being made during the breakfast service, so there were boxes going through the dining room and the staff had to attend to the shipment, rather than the breakfast. Several items ran out (including orange juice!) and the hot items were not fresh. We didn't have enough time to use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Room 103--King, n/s with jacuzzi tub, This hotel always lives up to the standards we expect from a Country Inn. We have stayed here since it was nearly new. It is a tribute to the
owners, management, and housekeeping that the property and rooms still have a fresh,
clean look and are indeed clean. It is the hotel of choice in Rock Falls, but would be my
1st choice in most markets. In addition to the excellent rooms, the breakfast is very
good, the fittness/pool areas are very good, and the location is great--being just a
short distance north of I-88; next to several great restaurants (Candlelight Inn & Culvers);
near retail (Walgreen's & Walmart; and just a short walk across Ill 40 to the historic and
scenic Hennipan Canal trail

Room Tip: north side towards the west would be the quietest
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Check-in was smooth and quick. A man named Segue took care of us, and he was as friendly and professional as can be. Great staff member. The room was clean and spotless. The pillows were synthetic feather I think, and had lots of give. They get kind of hard after you lay your head down on them. Not my cup of tea, pillow-wise. The pool area was clean and inviting. The jacuzzi was great, but the pool water was a little cold. Breakfast was pretty nice for a continental-type offering: eggs, sausage, waffles, potatoes plus the usual. The only real issue I had was the plumbing. The shower drain was WAY too slow to keep up with the water. After a minute or two, I was standing in a deep puddle. Overall, though, a good stay. Give Segue a bonus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Guymon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I traveled a distance for business and needed a place to stay that was close to the city I was attending a conference in; overall the hotel was very clean, my room was spacious, tastefully decorated and I had lots of room to spread out my work stuff. Front desk staff was courteous, professional, and confident. Check in was quick & speedy without any issues. I did not book this reservation myself; my office did. I was originally booked to stay on the 3rd floor of this hotel. I prefer staying on the 1st floor; reservation staff was able to change my room to my request. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Suites are located on the 2nd & 3rd floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Walnut, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I chose to reserve a room here at Country Inn and Suites for our honeymoon. When we first got there at 1pm (cause the website said check in at 1) we found out they changed it to 3pm. Then when we finally were able to check in they told us they double booked our room and had to give us another one. Then they preceded to tell me AFTER they ran my debit card for the room that I could not pay cash for the incidentals. When I reserved the room over the phone, they said nothing about not being able to pay cash for either room or incidentals. They said they would put a hold on my account leading me to believe that they had done so right then and there over the phone. They didn't ask how i wanted to pay for it just automatically ran my debit for the room (which I was planning on paying cash for) and made a quick 5 min check in about 15mins. Finally my husband was able to make the manager understand how we can pay part cash for the room and have all my debit be for incidentals. The manager either doesn't know how to do part tenders or thought we were trying to scam them.....how can you scam with paying cash.....it's IN YOUR HANDS right then and there. The Room was pretty nice....little dirty here and there....whirlpool looked like hadn't been used in a while with dust and what not in it but I've seen worse. We made the best out of it.....but just one disaster after another....was hoping that the hotel would put a lift on things, but only made things worse. When we checked out they acted like they didn't even want to give us a receipt.....I need some proof that i'm getting money refunded back to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CISRKFL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Falls, IL, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Heather,
I'm sorry there was some confusion on your reservation! Our check in time is officially 3pm, but
we can check guests in as early as 1pm if the room is ready.
For payment our hotel accepts debit cards, which we charge room and tax at check in. We also
authorize the additional $100 for incidentals. We do this at the time of check in and not before.
I will be glad to email a copy of your receipt if you still need one.
I have counseled the front desk staff regarding this so that we can improve for the future.
You can call or email me if you would like to discuss further. I thank you for your business!
Dawn Duncan-GM
815.625.3200
cx_rkfl@countryinns.com

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Falls, IL? Share your experiences!