“Rock Solid in Rock Falls” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Rock Falls
Lakewood, Colorado
“Rock Solid in Rock Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

room 330, k, n/s
Very clean, quiet, spacious room--just what we want in a motel/hotel. We have stayed
here many times over the last 6 years and every time it is a very good experience.
The staff is dressed professionally and always welcoming & courteous. The breakfast
is very good and the breakfast staff "police" the tables and food areas so that it is
nearly 100% clean and stocked at all times.

This motel is walking close to good to excellent dining ( Culvers and Candlelight Inn); utilitarian
shopping (Wal-Mart & Walgreens close by, groceries, liquor,fuel, & fast food just a few
blocks north on IL 40); also a hidden gem is a wonderful bike/foot trail along the
Hennipen Canal, with easy access just across IL 40 (east) behind the neighboring motel (currently called Rock Falls Inn-previously a Ramada). This trail is a peaceful, country-like setting that leads to the Rock River & Sterling 1 1/2 miles north and many more miles south eventually leading to the I & M canal.

Room Tip: north side is away from I-88; south side also ok for quiet plus a sunny wake-up
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cupertino,California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Family reunion in Sterling. Country inn recommneded by realative. Showed up on 12 Sep at 7PM with what I thought was a 3 day internet reservation ( I did not complete the internet reservation). Amy was working the front desk. She was very polite and professional and told me we did not have a reservation and that there was no room at the inn. She worked all kinds of angles trying to get us a room. After some time passed with her trying to accomodate us, a cancellation came in, it was exactly what we needed. We we very impressed by the deligence the young woman showed. With a start like that our stay was perfect. The place looks new, room great and food good. Thank you Amy.Nick and Beth Garcia

Room Tip: Talk to Amy
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Cannot say enough about staff and service. Breakfasts are quite good, especially Thursdays. Most of the usual benefits - indoor pool, exercise room, computer and wifi, but also comfortable and down to earth. A comfortable place to relax and enjoy. An excellent resource.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Buckeye, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a lot over the years, as it is my wife's hometown. It has been a consistently good place-clean, friendly help and nice rooms. Nice selection on TV, free internet that is fast. Extensive free breakfast. Fitness room a little sparse. Indoor pool always is popular with families. It is right next door to a fine restaurant & bar called The Candlelight Inn. The "quiet level" in the rooms isn't all that great, so I will always try to get a room at the end of a hall, and not on the middle floor. One thing I have noticed is that the prices have crept-up over the last few years, but it is worth it-really no other nice places in the Twin Cities(as the locals call it)to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Indiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

My mother, my aunt, my wife and I spent one night here during a 2 week trip. My wife has family in nearby Sterling. We had been staying in Hampton Inns for the prior nights 12 out of 14, but there were no Hampton Inns nearby.

We were pleasantly surprised. We had a good night's sleep, a good breakfast in the morning and the staff was friendly. The only minor drawback was that access to the elevator with a luggage cart was tight.

We would stay here again when visiting my wife's relatives.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Perfect location at the junction of route 40 and I 80. The hotel seemed brand new although I think it was a few years old. From the hardwood floors, to the beautiful fireplace that greets you when you walk in, this country inn had everything from great check-in service, to the turn down service with mints. It also had a nice indoor pool and whirlpool, easy access, big elevator, and rockers on the front porch. The breakfast host was very friendly and helpful. It was a good breakfast from ham and eggs to belgian waffles, to make your own yogurt parfait and fresh fruit. I would definately for the value, location, cleanliness, friendliness, stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We were in town for my MIL's birthday. We were staying in the hotel since there were too many of us to all stay at the house. We booked this hotel based on reviews here on TA. There were 4 couples/families checking in around 11pm. 1st checkin: Family entered room and there was nothing on the mattresses-no sheets/blankets/covers - bare. Not sure how it was resolved because they were still waiting when we finally got into our room (more on this later). 2nd checkin (us): We get to our room and the key doesn't work. No big deal - head downstairs and the front desk clerk decides to lecture me on how the key works. I told him that the light was red on the lock -- I'm fairly confident as a frequent traveller that it just was the strip on the card or something. Eye rolling and snotty look - give me a new card. Still doesn't work. (couple 1 above - still no bedding). Suffice it to say it took 3 more attempts to get a new card -- waiting about 5 minutes each time to get one that worked (Couple #1 from above still no bedding). Checkin #3 - Charged my brother in law's credit card after he explicitly asked to use another form of payment. Takes a good bit of time to sort this out (Couple #1 still standing around). Checkin #4- Has had to wait through all of this to check in.

Through all of this, no apology, no offer to make things right etc. We're a pretty easy going bunch, but I would have to say that we all had a pretty negative experience. Would not recommend or stay here again.

Still wondering how a hotel has no bedding whatsoever on all the beds in a room at 11:00pm....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Falls? Share your experiences!