“Now called Beacon on the Green” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in Rochelle
Cuisines: American
Rockford, Illinois
“Now called Beacon on the Green”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We and 3 other couples decided to dress up a little and chose The Beacon On The Green. We had reservations and when we arrived about 6:30 we were greeted and sat right away. They have Banquet area available also here. They still have the bar and have a seating area as you come into the bar with a view of the 1st hole tee. They have set up a smaller area with about seating for about 25-30 people. The food was seasoned and delivered hot. The service was great and with a party of eight we were not charged extra and the waitress gladly separated our checks. Our meal with drinks was under $30.00. We will be going back. I hope they can stay open long enough and people find this nice little eating place

Visited April 2014

Rockford, Illinois
“New name and is now open”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

It is my understanding that it now open under new managers/owners. I also believe the golf course is going to owned and run by the Park District, City of Rochelle, and GREDCO. I wish everyone luck. Many people have always wanted a public golf course for Rochelle, but it takes support from the public to keep it going.

Visited June 2013
“Keeps Changing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

When it was a private club and golf course, we ate there with friends who were members. The service and food was always good.
It was sold do to lack of members and the new owners took over, with pretty much the same staff. They had mother's day brunches that were great. We went twice. Our last visit my wife and I went for dinner. My wife ordered a small steak and I ordered grilled chicken breast. They had a small well stocked salad bar. Our meals were very disappointing, the steak as well as the chicken lacked any favor, it appears that they didn't use any seasoning.
Shortly after our visit we noticed that the placed was closed. The owners are in the process of selling the restaurant, bar and golf course to the city of Rochelle, the Park District and Gredco, who are planning opening it again very soon. I hope they do.

Visited November 2012