“Very good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1133 N. 7th St., Hwy 251 and Route 38, Rochelle, IL 61068   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rochelle
Duluth, Minnesota
“Very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The young lady working at the front desk did an outstanding job making sure everything would meet our needs. She upgraded our room when she saw our Choice Privileges card, helped us find a restaurant, dealt with some noisy kids on our floor. We had a very nice room and a quiet, comfortable night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Do NOT waste your money on this hotel! First they messed up my conformation and when I finally was out into the room I had reserved the hot tub started shooting out black gunk and the deadbolt on the door was already broken off. Then I had some girls up at the room and the front desk called the police on us. I understand if I was being too loud but I never received a call and we had only six people in a one bedroom suite with a pullout and most of us were sleeping. The desk clerk then went on to be as rude as to insinuate that I didn't understand what she was saying because I was Mexican when I asked why I never received a call for the noise. She then tried to argue with me and started to twist my words. I you're under 30 you'll pay more for a deposit then you will for room. It's their policy. When i talked to the manager she threatened to call my credit card company to say my card was used invalidly. im not sure how thats possible and she was the rudest person id ever met. i will never stay there again. The room was nasty enough on its own but the descriminitory comments and actions sealed the deal.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Rochelle hotels

Johnsburg, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Where to even start with the reasons you should NOT go to this hotel!!! I will start by stating it was a very busy weekend and the hotel was OVERBOOKED!! I had a group of rooms for several families. They did call to confirm all the rooms a few days before our check in date. After I did confirm all the rooms, they actually called a few of the families in our group to see if they would cancle their reservation as they overbooked the hotel. Really??? Who calls and asks someone to cancel their reservation!! At check in their were 2 women, whose names I will leave out, that were less then helpful. We reserved 3 kings and 2 double beds. Upon check out they only had 1 king for us. I understand that can happen but they were so rude actually making it seem like I was trying to lie about the 2 king rooms. After I showed them my reservation confirmation they still continued on about not having the rooms and trying to manipulate my words. We finally got all of our rooms. NONE of them were even close to eachother. I understand that it was a busy weekend but I made the reservation in December and requested them at least on the same floor. The hallways and rooms smelled terrible of cigarette smoke. So bad that my youngest son needed allergy medicine from it. The rooms all had their "issues" but too many to list. I had to turn the air conditioner on because the hotel was so hot. It sounded like a chainsaw the entire time it was on. Only 1 room out of our group of 9 rooms had hot water! Not even warm water!! The breakfast wasn't bad but they closed it 30 minutes early because they ran out of food....or so we were told. To top it off when I got my credit card statement they charged 2 of the rooms wrong. I have the confirmation still and when I called the front desk was rude to me not wanting to correct their error!! I have left a voice mail for the manager but have yet to be called back. Overall the hotel is dirty, smelly, small and the staff is rude!! One plus, the location is good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel's first floor rooms have patios and the other rooms have balconies. There are two chairs to sit in and it was very pleasant to have the patio. The staff was very nice and helpful to me and to members of our large party. Some of our party stayed at another local hotel and they hated it. We ate here - the restaurant was nice. We each ordered ribs and they were very good. The service was great in the restaurant. The bathroom and the room were clean and the beds comfortable. I have zero complaints, but as one reviewer said, the a/c is pretty close to one of the beds. We put a towel over the chair and blocked the flow of air into that bed. Problem solved.

Now for the real treat! I had just gotten there and was flipping through the room's binder when I discovered that this hotel's pool and workout room were actually the local parks & recreation facility! The pool is a four-lane lap pool at 86 degrees and the workout facility is full-on with equipment like treadmills and free weights. I was in heaven! The girl at the front desk found some googles for me from lost & found and I swam laps for an hour. I would recommend this facility to anyone. Rochelle is a short distance west of DeKalb, so if you were visiting the university, it wouldn't be the most convenient, but not a bad option for your stay.

Room Tip: As for a first-floor room and be sure it has a patio.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

About what you would expect from a $100 motel (before taxes). Doubt I will ever return to Rochelle...but if I did...I would again stay at this hotel. WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Air conditioner 3 feet from my pillow. Suggest one turn the air conditioner on "high" during the day so you won't need to have it running at night. Although I was advised the swimming pool was not open prior to booking...it appears the pool has not been opened all summer. $2.00 charge per night for an inside room safe. This is a sneaky "add-on" which I would refuse to pay if I ever returned. Coffee pot was missing from our room when we checked in and we didn't notice it until the next morning. The front desk had it replaced immediately. WHAT I DID LIKE: Abraham's restaurant & bar, (attached), but not owned by the motel. Food and service was excellent...everything from snacks to steaks...good drinks, and prices very reasonable. We ate dinner at this restaurant both nights during our stay. Free breakfast (including sausage and eggs), juice and various pastries located in the hotel lobby.

Room Tip: We had a room for 3...my buddy had a single...so rooms are laid out differently. Check placement of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've stayed in virtually every hotel in Rochelle at one time or another. This hotel is by far the best hotel in Rochelle. It's an old building, but they have remodeled, and kept the rooms in very good, clean condition. The only complaint that I have is that the suites all had a mild smell of smoke, but other than that, was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel is a good location for meetings. I had a meeting here for our company and they were very helpful. The price for the meeting room inexpensive. I loved this hotel because there was a gym connected to it that was complimentary, and there is a really good restaurant inside as well. The staff was friendly and approachable. The breakfast area had a pretty good selection. The only thing I would say is the cell phone reception is horrible inside the hotel (It forces you to have to use the hotel phone.) and the wireless internet was mediocre. Other than that, my visit was very good. I would definitely use this location again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!