This hotel is quite nice and seems to be a new location. The building was clean and looked nice. The room size was amazing and the bathroom having double sinks was a first for me at a Holiday Inn. We had a hot tub suite which offered all the things I’ve come to expect with Holiday Inn. There were the nice tv’s, the comfy beds and the room was spotless. There were a few things however that I would have liked to be different during our stay and one issue that will probably prevent us from staying again.
The smaller issues are as follows: 1) With a hot tub suite, it would be nice to have a couple extra towels for folks like us who actually use the hot tub. 2) the plumbing! I believe there is something wrong with the way the showers are plumbed. It’s nice to have a shower that drains which of course these do but it sounds like the drain is coming to life and is trying to suck the water away. I’ve never heard drains so loud that they actually echo. We put a washcloth over half of the drain to slow the draining down a bit and it quieted down. 3) The vending machines. We purchased two sodas from the vending machine at a price of $2.00 per bottle. After partially drinking each of them, we realized that they expired over a month ago. We did not finish them and when I checked out I took them to the front desk and advised the front desk associate. She took them and simply said “ok, thank you”. I know it was only $4.00 but I still feel that I should have been reimbursed.
The big issue that will probably prevent us from staying again was the noise. I must point out that this was noise from hotel equipment and not other guests. The room was great and the bed was comfy but neither my wife or I could sleep at all. I don’t know if it’s because we were by an electrical room or what the noise was but there was a very loud humming sounds all night. It sounded like an air compressor or something. At first we thought it was a hot tub room above us and were fine with that but as the hours past, it came clear that it was something else. This wasn’t just some buzzing that you could hear off in the distance. This actually vibrates the room and is easily felt while sitting on the couch. We really are easy going guests and only mention things if we really feel it’s worth bringing up. The worst part of the noise wasn’t so much the humming because after several hours you learn to drain it out. The worst part was that about every 45 minutes, it would stop, all would go quiet and the vibration would go away but after about 15 seconds it would make a loud noise and start right back up.
I’m sure whatever was causing this noise is essential to the building but there must be a way to sound proof that room and be it rubber mounts or something, there has to be a way to minimize the vibrations. I know it sounds like we are being nitpicky but I really encourage the hotel managers to spend a night in that room and whiteness it for themselves.
I would also like to say that it would be nice to have key'd entry ways at the side doors. We usually take the stairs and were at the far end of the hallway but could not park outside the side door and go in without propping that door open as some other guests did.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Quincy East Hotel Quincy
- Holiday Inn Quincy East Hotel
- Quincy Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the only Full-Service Hotel in Quincy, IL Conveniently located two miles from downtown Quincy, IL, the new Holiday Inn Hotel Quincy is just minutes from the area's finest attractions and businesses and the heart of the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Missouri. Business guests appreciate our Quincy hotel's location because the Oakley Lindsay Convention Center is just a couple miles away in downtown Quincy, IL. Quincy University, ADM, Knapheide Manufacturing and the Harris Corporation are each just a few miles away. We offer a business center and a conference center with 4,500 sq. ft. of space, as well as free, high-speed Internet access to meet your business needs. For leisure travelers, lodging in Quincy, our hotel's location offers easy access to the Terrible's Mark Twain Casino, the John Wood Mansion and the Quincy Art Center. There's great shopping at the Quincy Mall that's just minutes away. We're just off I-172 and Hwy 104 so you can easily visit Navoo and the historic Mormon Settlement or the boyhood home of Mark Twain in Hannibal, MO while enjoying our Quincy accommodations. Our Quincy, IL hotel offers you convenience and comfort with deluxe amenities. Our restaurant, Tony's Too, offers an excellent menu and kids eat for free. You can enjoy our well-equipped fitness center and the heated, indoor pool and whirlpool year-round. Check out our great Quincy hotel's deals for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Quincy East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.