“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Quincy
KS
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family stayed one night while traveling east. We stayed due to the Holiday inn points we could use. We had a very nice stay. The property is new. Staff were friendly and check in was simple. We slept well and it was very quiet. The only issues was very slow elevators (we were on the top floor) and small square pillow for sleeping. Those were minor issues for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a great time, the staff was very accomidating. The room was very nice and affordable, the pool and excercise room was also nice. I will be booking a room at this hotel again soon for my other daughters birthday party and will recomend my friends and family do the same.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
restaurantboy, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Quincy East, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your time to let us know about your experience with us. We were glad to have you and are looking forward to having you again. Im glad your daughter and a great birthday!
Adam Blackburn, Guest Services Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The rooms at this location are fine, but I've had some issues with the front desk and restaurant staff.

Examples:

The latest stay, I was able to get a hotwire rate of about $82/night. When I checked in, they asked for a credit card at check in. I figured this was just incidentals, which are supposed to be around $25/night at this hotel. They ended up charging around $280. The hotel said it was just an accidental authorization. Which yeah, accidents happen, but these places need to realize that funds are locked up for up to 7 days in some cases, and for those that are traveling with families, we may need to use that money. I explained my frustration and the response was pretty much oh well deal with it.

A few months ago, I stayed at this location with my wife and daughter. We went to the restaurant to take advantage of the Kids Eat Free offer. (It is advertised in hotel guide in the room.) We were told they don't offer kids eat free and a manager wasn't around to help. The funny thing is, on the most recent check in, the front desk mentioned that kids eat free at check in.

Like I mentioned before, the property is pretty decent and above average for a Holiday Inn. The staff just seems somewhat incompetent or under-trained.

I think I'll look at my other options next time I need a room here. I do come often as family lives in Quincy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
First of all I want to thank you for your feed back and continued business. I do see that we accidentally authorized your debit card for $285, when it should have only been $25 for incidentals. I do apologize for this and all of the inconviences associated with our mistake. Simple mistakes have been made, especially since both your credit card and the credit card from Hotwire were Master Cards. Since your last stay I have hired a few new employees that are shining stars, so I feel very confident that your next stay will be totally different from your last.

As for the funds being locked up for up to 7 days. Yes this happens but only when a debit card has been used. At check in we have a sign explaining to our guests to use caution when using debit cards because of this very problem. Hotels do not have a choice on whether or not to use the card for debit or credit. When you check out, the authorization is released but the funds are not put back into your account right away – but that is totally in the control of your bank. To avoid any future problems I highly recommend the use of a credit card at check in and not a debit card (this does not however absolve us of creating the problem in the first place by authorizing the wrong card).

I am not sure where our break down in communication took place with the Kids Eat Free offer with our staff. This is a Holiday Inn’s standard (Kids Eat Free) offered in every Holiday Inn in the country. Please contact me directly at the hotel so I can make sure we make this up to you. Again I want to thank you for your time and honest feed back of your stay. Without you bringing this to our attention we wouldn’t have known there was something we needed to do better.

Adam Blackburn, Guest Services Manager
Olney, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Large well designed hotel with accommodating staff. We got here early to check in, was given our king room, went upstairs BUT it was even cleaned yet. Some miscommunication between maids and front desk. We went back down and the manager helped us by holding our luggage and giving us a $10 credit towards the restaurant until it got cleaned. He told us check in is 3 pm and it was around 12 noon so that was our fault but they still need to know what rooms are ready.

King room was very nice, lots of space, nice clean large bathroom, large closet and nice flatscreen TV. Bed was a little unstable and pillows pretty flat....AC worked great. We ate breakfast Sunday morning in the restaurant and it was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Champaign IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I spent just one night in Quincy's Holiday Inn. It seems newly built. It is roomy, clean, up to date. I thought it was a good value. Furnishings in the room are comfortable and modern. Comfortable bed, good TV, lots of channels. I didn't use any of the amenities of the hotel, but the bar/restaurant looked nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
SELAH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The facilities are still fairly new and well maintained. It has an indoor pool and workout facility. The workout facility needs some attention however. The staff was very nice and they upgraded me to a corner room suite that was outstanding. It had a separate bedroom and the bathroom had a walk in full size shower. It is located next to some major shopping areas and a Walmart which is about a block away - if you like Walmart! You will be happy with your decision to stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure to try to get the upgraded full suite. It has plenty of room to spread out!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Being a platinum priority club member I stay almost exclusively at Holiday Inn properties when traveling for business, avg 85-100 nights a year. I've stayed at this Holiday Inn several times in the past few years and it is one of the better ones. Furnishings are up to date, solidly built, very little noise heard in or outside, friendly staff and great wireless internet strength. Convenient location near the expressway.
The only downside, and this is not the fault of the hotel, is the restaurant, Tony's Too, which is attached to the hotel. The food is average at best but the service from the waiters to the bartender (especially the bartenders) is terrible. They seem to be put upon when you order.
But dont let that detract from the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Quincy East? Share your experiences!