“DANGEROUS place to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 116 Restaurants in Quincy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Austin, TX
“DANGEROUS place to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

I attended a wedding rehearsal dinner at the Pier retaurant this past weekend and narrowly missed being sent to the hospital. The service was not only terrible, but also unfriendly with the exception of one gentleman waiter with a goatee. Appetizers were being served by a scowling blonde woman and her tray consisted of potato skins, nachos, and shrimp. I told her I waws allergic to seafood and asked her if there was any fish in the other appetizer other than what was obviously shrimp. She told me SPECIFICALL?Y that I could eat the nachos - she did not even mention the potato skins. I took one bite of the nacho and discovered it was a crab cake. I spit it out immediately without swallowing and felt my lips start to plump up as if i'd been injected with botox as they stung and burned in misery. Had I swallowed the crab cake my throat would have constricted and I could have died. This woman saw me spit out the crab cake, turned around, and walked away with no apology and no effort to find out what she had fed me. This is an unrectifiable mistake and should be included in food service 101.

in addition, I had the same blonde and scowling server for dinner and she served me a perfectly cooked filet mignon. Unfortunately the filet was infused with a decidedly horrific fishy flavor which I passed around the table for verification. I was unable to finish this meal and i'm sick still thinking about it. I did discover, however, that guests at other tables ordered the filet mignon and it was NOT fishy and they were pleased with their meal. My table was unconvinced and even adding steak sauce (a Texan no-no) could not save the meat.

If there could be a more horrible rating than one star this restaurant would truly deserve it. Undoubtedly the groom's family paid a large amount of money for what sounded like a good meal, but with sucky service and terrible food I definitely feel their money was not well spent here.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“yucky”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

yucky

Naperville
“A Real Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

Our family of 5 visited Quincy during the "Dogwood Festival" and ate dinner at The Pier. The service, food quality and atmosphere were excellent. I particularly appreciated that charges relating to corking and split fees were posted on the menu and even explained! The wine selection (by the glass or bottle) was quite good and very reasonably priced. The crab cake appetizer and the desserts were outstanding. My two daughters split one entree, my wife and I another and my son had a "light" half pound hamburger. Together with the appetizer and two desserts, we were very satisfied. This place is a gem and I highly recommend it!

Missouri
“Save your money!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

We had Easter Dinner here, and it totally ruined the highlight of the day!! We spent well over one hundred dollars for pure garbage!! Let's start off by saying we were seated on the third floor and to get to the buffet we had to carry our plates of food up and down a long set of stairs. Elderly people had to take the elevator!! The food was cold and disgusting on the buffet. Potatoes were undercooked, pork roast was overcooked and dried out!! The dessert buffet looked like wild animals had gotten to it first!! Who was overlooking all this??? To add insult to injury they slapped an automatic 20% gartuity to the ticket and the waitress just brought us water!?! What? We had to do all the work!! Save your money!! We paid a lot for a nice view..cause that was the only thing pleasant about this place!!

Quincy IL
“Great Dinning Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

Great place to eat in Quincy. Super creative food but still keeps there midwestern roots. Best view food and service, reasonably priced. The chef /owner is an A C F Certified Executive chef with 30 + years experiance and it shows. Frindly staff great service well worth the visit.