I was disappointed with our experience at this hotel. Most reviews were positive, but that was not true for the many days we stayed there. The room was always very damp feeling. The window looked north, so the room was also rather dark, giving it a swampy feel. My son consistently had a stuffy nose when we were in the room, which I attribute to previous dogs having stayed in the room. We were on the first floor, so the noise level was fairly high. The room was rather small, as were the double beds. House keeping skipped our room one day for no apparent reason, so we ran out of towels. After discovering a large moth in our room, we asked housekeeping to remove it, but they did not, so I did, along with an earwig. The breakfast was basic, and the hard boiled eggs ran out most days. The hot tub was not working (jets or heat), even after the front desk person tried flipping the breaker. We left without being able to enjoy it. Several nights the entire pool area was closed due to rain, because the indoor and outdoor pool are connected under the wall, so when it rains outside the indoor pool and sauna and hot tub must also be closed since they are all housed in the same room inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic town of Quincy, Illinois, offers visitors a chance to look back through time - and our Stoney Creek Hotel provides the perfect accommodations. With its rustic decor and enjoyable fireplace themed suites, our 72-room Inn will have you feeling like a 19th century settler, but with all the amenities the 21st century has to offer.Located in the heart of the tri-states region of Illinois, Iowa and Missouri, the Stoney Creek Hotel in Quincy is ideal for social reunions and business events, with meetings rooms large enough to meet most every need. And while you're not relaxing in our warm and cozy surroundings, step out into Quincy, and discover the city's picturesque architecture, thriving industry and lively community events. Twice recognized as one of the nation's All-American cities, Quincy has a 200-year reputation of treating its guests well. By taking good care of you, we'll ensure that Quincy's great reputation continues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Quincy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Quincy Hotel Quincy
- Stoney Creek Hotel Quincy