“good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was a little underdressed for this place but they treated me fairly. had some fettuccini with some vino and had no complaints with that or my salad. Service was attentive and the price was very fair. It's an older restaurant and I say that in a good way. It had a great vibe. they had a wide range of foods off a large menu.

Visited April 2012

Boston
“Very Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very pleasant staff, good food. Easy walk from the hotel.

Visited March 2012
Huntsville, Al.
“Quincy visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

As usual the Patio provided a consistent meal. I had the steak and shrimp special and the steak was prepared to my specifications. The Patio always maintains it's quality!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Great food..Good portions-will go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have been here before on a Saturday night just to have a drink at the bar--which didn't really have room for us but we butted in anyway. It's didn't really seem like they have a lot of bar only business but we managed to find a stool and talk to the great bartender. Fast forward a few months and I took my uncle there for dinner. I have to say it's a little too dark in there for some of the older patrons(and even myself at times) but the food was very good and the portions were generaous. I has salmon which was excellent and correctly cooked and my uncle had the single center cut pork chop which was definitely enough for him. I loved that when we ordered our salads with blue cheese dressing, they brought the blue cheese on the side in a little cup-this ensures that you get some crumbles in your dressing unlike other places where it is mixed in and you really don't know if there is ANY blue cheese in there. This is an old fashioned supper club steak place that I will definitely go back to-just maybe with a flashlight this time. I saw all ages at dinner and we did see some kids in there since we went early on a Friday evening and I can see it getting busy with adults later in the night. The waitress was gracious but seemed just a little overstretched, maybe because it was only about 5:00 which is a little early for Friday dinner service. As I stated in an earlier review, the atmosphere is something out of the 70's but that is comforting to me--reminds me of going to The Millionaires Club with my parents long ago.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quincy, Illinois
“Great food but showing its age”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Mark runs a great restuarant with excellent food..especially anything defined as meat..steaks..chops..ribs, etc. Some of the waitstaff has been around for decades. They're excellent. The decor hasn't changed in 40 years. That's ok but you wonder what the place looks like when the lights are fully on. Keep the decor but spruce it up.

Visited February 2012