“Upscale lobby for a Comfort Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL.

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL. to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 North Milwaukee Avenue, Prospect Heights, IL 60070 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center)   |
IL
“Upscale lobby for a Comfort Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The first impression upon walking into the Comfort was how pretty and not typical mid-priced hotel. Perhaps being located in a Chicago suburb steps it up some. Very nice just the same. The area this facility is located looks more industrial so I was nt sure what to expect upon enrptering so I was pleased.

Hotel desk staff was nice. My room was spacious (king and queen bed) plenty of space to move around in if sharing with others tho I was solo. My room faced the road. I could hear the heavy traffic all evening but I was ok with it. It becomes "white noise" after a while....and very quiet as the night goes on. Traffic noise was not evident in the wee hours. As it picked up, it became my "alarm clock" no problem for me. I am an early riser. If you dont want to hear traffic, ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

The room came equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. I did not use them but nice to know for the next trip. I enjoyed my space.

The breakfast area is in the Arcadia restaurant . Scrabbled eggs, sausage and the usual hotel hotel (and home) options. Good! The coffee was LAME. If I have one disappointing item to be critical of it is my morning coffee. It was flavorless. Someone should address this. I love a couple of hot cups of coffee and theirs disappointed me.

I would also suggest some brighter lighting in the morning. Seems kind of dark in the Arcadia for the breakfast time. Not a lot of patrons were there when I was dining. Maybe people retreated back to their rooms. Otherwise, no big deal. Just like some light in the morning.

Overall, i was happy with my room, the hotel, the usual expectations were met. I am sure that I will stay here if I come back for business.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

There were 5 of us and the deal we've got was very good - only $75 per night. The room and bathroom were clean, however there were only 3 sets of towels. When we called the front desk in the morning to get extra towels we're promised but those towels never appeared until we called again in the evening. We arrived at about 1 am but the clerk (Ray or Ron) was very quick and courteous. When we discovered there was no blanket or sheets for the sofa bed we called and they were delivered immediately (unlike those towels, that happened later). Breakfast was quite good, included eggs made for you, Belgian waffles with choice of batter, etc. This was included in our really low price. So all in all, I consider it to be a great value stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The front desk clerk that checked us in (I believe his name is Ron) was very friendly and helpful. The room was ok. It was clean. The faucet for the bathroom tub was leaking. The caulk around the tube either is moldy (cuz it was black) or the caulk needs to be re-applied. Ok place to stay if you have an event to go to in the area (we went to a wedding at Old Orchard Country Club which is less than 10 minutes away) .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Check in was quick which was good as we arrived late and were exhausted. Rooms were nice and spacious, no problem with cleanliness. Not the best tasting coffee and breakfast okay. Like the decor - looks like it has recently been updated. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Washington State
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spent the night of Sept. 19 at the Comfort Inn in Prospect Heights, compliments of Lufthansa, after a delayed flight caused us to miss a connection at O'Hare returning from Europe. The room was spacious and well-equipped, and although a smoking room (we arrived late and no non-smoking rooms were available), to our great relief it did not smell of smoke. However, room cleaning and maintenance were unacceptably poor. The room had two burned-out light bulbs, there were many scuff marks on the walls and doors, the desk and dresser had numerous gouges, the chair arms were badly chewed up, there were numerous soap drips on the bathroom mirror, and worst of all, a used bar of soap from the prior guest had been left in the shower. I've stayed literally hundreds of nights in hotels, and this is the first time I've encountered used soap in a hotel room.

However, worse than these problems was our experience with the night manager. We were picked up by the hotel limo, but on leaving the airport, a traffic accident prevented the driver from taking his normal route to the expressway, and he told us he would have to take surface streets. After an seemingly interminable time, the driver acknowledged he was lost and stopped at a gas station to get directions. We retraced our route back towards the airport and the driver found his way to the hotel, but the normal 15 minute trip took 45-60 minutes instead. The delay was particularly difficult as we had been up almost 24 hours at that point and were exhausted.

On arrival, we checked in with the night manager but nothing was said about the long trip to the hotel. After the check-in was complete, I mentioned that the trip to the hotel had taken nearly an hour because the driver had gotten lost, thinking the manager might have been unaware of the situation. I was shocked when she responded, "He wasn't lost, he was rerouted!" I replied that he had, in fact, gotten lost, and that was the major cause of the delay. At this point she mumbled a begrudging and insincere apology. Knowing about the problem, she should have immediately offered an sincere apology upon our arrival. Instead she chose to ignore the issue, and upon my bringing it up, chose to argue (erroneously) with me about the cause! This was very poor customer relations on the part of the manager, and left me feeling angry and disrespected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Prospect Heights hotels

Kittanning, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was by far the nicest room overall that we had on an 11-day trip. The room was huge, with two queen beds, a sleeper sofa, frig and microwave, desk, coffemaker, large tv, etc. The bathroom had a granite (I think) countertop, was very spacious, and actually had enough light! Everything seemed very clean and quiet. The breakfast was several notches above the usual, with real scrambled eggs and sausage and real plates and silverware. However, as others have noted, there is no pool, and it is listed in the Choice Hotels book as having one. The real failing, though, was the beds. The 40-year old mattress in my hunting camp is more comfortable than these beds were. The niceness of the rest of the room makes me wonder if we got a room that had been recently updated but had not yet received new bedding. I had a coupon from a booklet and got the room for $55, and although it was worth that, I would not stay there again without insisting on checking out the beds first. No bargain is worth a sleepless night.

Room Tip: Try out the beds before you pay for the room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shelby, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I came in with quite a few other inconvenienced airline passengers from O'Hare airport very late. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating to everyone. The room was large and clean and very decently appointed, looks to be recently redone. All in all it was a pleasant experience during a very difficult trip. I'm actually glad the Hilton was full, I had everything I needed - in room coffee, free wi fi, extremely comfortable bed with extra pillows - that I would have paid twice as much for at Hilton,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL.

Address: 600 North Milwaukee Avenue, Prospect Heights, IL 60070 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center)
Location: United States > Illinois > Prospect Heights
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prospect Heights
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn & Hotel Prospect Heights
Comfort Inn And Suites Conference Center
Wingate Prospect Heights

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights, IL., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.