“I would stay there again. The room was clean and...” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2238 N. Main Street, Princeton, IL 61356   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Princeton
A TripAdvisor Member
“I would stay there again. The room was clean and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I would stay there again. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding for the price of the room. Mostly, the clerks at the Inn were exceptionally kind and courteous. A very fine experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Karan M, General Manager at Days Inn Princeton, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

We've made an addition of a hot and healthy breakfast not too long ago to make sure our guests leave happy with a wonderful selection of items including biscuits and gravy, sausage links, boiled eggs, yogurt etc. We are happy to hear that our clerks are doing a wonderful job and our motto is that the customer is our number one priority and we will go through many lengths to make sure your stay was the best. Your amazing ratings further motivate us to work harder for an excellent stay for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

As I was standing in line, a patron wanted a new room due to black mold on the ceiling in the room he just checked in. My room smelled horrible, the mattress had a divot in the middle that I couldn't get out of, the smoke alarm was non-existent (wires sticking out of the wall), the light switches did not work, the electrical socket sizzled when I plugged my phone charger in, and there was NO hot water in the morning (NONE - straight up cold!). I could not get out of there quick enough!

I find it hard to believe the good ratings on here are from real customers. I stayed there based on previous reviews - - - my mistake.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Karan M, Manager at Days Inn Princeton, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at the hotel. I deeply apologize for your inconvenience and as a manager I'm ashamed for you to go through this. We recently took over the property and on your arrival we had a full house hence the water was warm. To tackle this we are installing new water heaters so that during these times we will not have that issue. Secondly we are renovating all of our rooms so in the next few months we are changing everything from the ceiling to the ground. In my opinion this review has helped us identify our problems and solve it the best we can. We thank you for staying with us and as new owners and new management we promise that you experience will be outstanding,

Karan Mehta (Manager)
West Bloomfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed on the way to Iowa State University in Winter
The heat in the room was hard to control and it was very warm, too warm to sleep.
Otherwise a good value, especially traveling with our dog.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Princeton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Princeton

Address: 2238 N. Main Street, Princeton, IL 61356
Location: United States > Illinois > Princeton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Princeton
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Princeton 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Princeton Hotel Princeton

If you own or manage Days Inn Princeton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.