“Hometown charm” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Princeton, Illinois
“Hometown charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had lunch here after church and had a very nice meal. The chicken salad was amazing and clearly made on site. My husband had buffalo sliders and he enjoyed them very much- tons of flavor and lean. The soup was ham and bean. Once again, home made and not too salty. We will come back for sure

Visited November 2012

Grandview
“The new kid on the block”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

What a charming find. The Four and Twenty Cafe in Princeton, Illinois. Recommended by a lady who lives in town, this small eatery is just the thing for a good lunch. My friend Hilly and I were pleasantly surprised at the choice of fare and how good everything tasted, My chicken salad was wonderful and was accompanied by home baked sliced potatoes that were lightly seasoned. The service was very good and we got to talk to the owner.
After lunch we decided on taking a treat with us for later in the afternoon. My friend chose a gingerbread man and I decided on the granola bar (more like a square than a bar). It was full of cherries, raisins, blueberries and oatmeal and honey. Eating it on the way home the next day it was like a little piece of culinary heaven. Just three months old this little restaurant has a lot going for it and I hope it will become a mainstay in Princeton.

• Visited December 2012