We decided to extend our family vacation in Louisville and head over to St. Louis for a couple days to see the Arch, etc. however we wanted to do it on a budget. It was hard to find a hotel with free breakfast and traveling as a family of six free breakfast saves us a lot of money! Their breakfast was actually an awesome set up with an automatic pancake maker (never seen that before!) We were able to get a family suite which had bunk beds in a separate room with a tv for the younger kids. There was also a microwave and fridge which was nice to have! The staff was friendly and helpful...so why only three stars? Just the little things...I laughed when our toilet seat was loose because I read that in an earlier review but I wasn't going to complain about that. There was no Kleenex in the room, the last day our wifi password stopped working, the pool was a little chilly (kids teeth were chattering but they still liked swimming) no hot tub and very small pool. The public restrooms on the first floor need some serious attention and I really don't think it would costs much money...look at the caulking around the back of the sink and the leaky faucet and the toilet seat in the woman's bathroom...it's these small details that make a difference! I liked the fresh coffee all day so thank you for that! I think this hotel is probably used by a lot of truckers and construction workers but it worked fine for our purposes being less than 20 mins from downtown St Louis but needs a little investment and attention to detail to bring it up...if I could do half stars I would give it 3.5. PS there was nothing to do in Pontoon Beach and not many places to eat...ordering pizza and eating in the breakfast area worked great for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Pontoon Beach, IL. We are only minutes away from beautiful downtown St. Louis, MO. You will also find that we are centrally located for all of your travel needs. We are located near Granite City Steel, Heidtman Steel, and Robinson Steel. We are only 15 miles from Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals as well as Edward Jones Dome, home to the St. Louis Rams. There are lots to see and do on La Clede's landing. There is eating, shopping and the famous St. Louis Arch. Mall shopping within 15 miles in either direction. St. Louis Mills to the west and St. Clair Square to the south east. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is a sixty five room property with fifteen suites. All rooms have a kitchenette with a sink, refrigerator, microwave and lots of counter space. All rooms have coffee makers and hairdryers. For those of you men and women of the United States Armed Forces, you will be please to know that we are just a block up the street from the St. Louis Vehicle Processing Center. We are pleased to help whether you coming back to the United States mainland or departing.Visit Pontoon Beach, IL and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pontoon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pontoon Beach Hotel Pontoon Beach
- Pontoon Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Pontoon Beach