“Great People, Clean, Quiet Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Pontoon Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great People, Clean, Quiet Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have been traveling to this area for the last 4 months. I always stay at the Sleep Inn. In my 20 plus stays I have never had an issue. The staff is very friendly the rooms are clean. There are large flat screens in every room and its priced right. I will continue to use this hotel until I relocate to the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was our 1st time to stay at a Sleep Inn. We will diffently return again. The hotel staff was the best ever from the front desk, breakfast lady to the GM. The Gm went out of her way to make sure we very satisfied from check in to our departure. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an exceptionally clean hotel & friendly staff. I have read some of the reviews & I can assure you they have to be false. I would give this hotel A+

Room Tip: the king suites are very spacious
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a very odd city ... there's multiple motels and fast food restaurants around here but I didn't see a single soul anywhere, besides the people staying in the motels. People must just use it for the location, since it's so close to St. Louis.

This was a very good motel. Rooms were clean, served a nice hot breakfast, and the front desk was nice.

Room Tip: Make sure that you turn the key so that the gold square is facing up--it won't work any other wa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Good place to stay if you are going to be doing a lot of St. Louis sightseeing, etc. Although you will do a little driving to the city and back, it is easy and relatively fast. They have a warm breakfast and the rooms were quite good. We would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

When we got there everything looked good on the outside and the inside was nice as well. Thats where it ended. The front desk girl was not very friendly as we were checking in. When we asked her about what was around our hotel.. things that we could do she acted like it killed her to ansewer us! then when we got to the room the sheets were dirty and there was hair still in the bath tub! I called down to let her know and she said she would bring us sheets up. A half hour later no sheets! My husband finally went down to get the sheets and again she acted like it killed her! My kids was going to go swimming and the pool was dirty! So they just stayed in the room big disappointment because they wanted to swim:( the next morning my daughter got up and had little bites all over! Needless to say I believe it was BED BUGS!! Oh I later found out that the girl that was rude to us last night was the NIGHT MANGER!!!!! I was glad to leave!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Howard City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Sleep Inn's are my farvorite places to stay. This one had a great room, excellent staff. Will return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

First of all let me just say that this place is awful!!!!!! We were on our way back from Texas and thought this place sounded good boy were we wrong! We got there checked in and everything seemed good except for the stains on sheets and the blankets but we thought its ok because we always bring our own blankets and we wanted to sight see. We came back from sightseeing. We got into our room the kids went down to go swimming and we got a phone call from front desk for us to come down stairs. I asked her what for and she would not tell me just demanded me down there! I got there and she told me I would have to rent another room because there were 5 in our party when I told her it was suppose to be reserved for 5 she wouldn't listen! I then asked her a rollout bed and she told me NO that it was "state Law " that 5 people could not be in the same room! When I asked if one of us could sleep in the car then she said No it was "state law" no one could sleep in the car either! I asked for my money back and she told me no! because we were already in the room... Mind you we just got back from sight seeing the kids didn't even get to swim! I also asked for a manger and she said she was so she would not even give me anyone else to talk too! She was very rude to my kids! They were also rude to us so we had to leave our paid room and drive another 5 hours to home at 11:00 at night!!! This lady is so rude do not stay!!!! I lost my money over a mistake and she was not even willing to work with us!!!!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Pontoon Beach? Share your experiences!