“Saved our Bacon!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pontiac
“Saved our Bacon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Had to spend a couple nights away from home due to our ac failure. They were the best deal we could find. It has a nice, well maintained indoor pool and hot tub, service was great, the room was clean. I found no issues with this place, wishing we could stay longer. Oh and we were allowed to bring the dog too!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Good breakfast and clean rooms - nice pool too and friendly accommodating staff

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed here over Halloween weekend! I had two rooms I had asked for close or adjoining which they went over the top with my accomidations. I along with my company enjoyed it. The room was a little dated but worked perfect!!!

• Stayed October 2011
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

This was a very nice hotel for its kind. My room was a spacious with a king bed, a fridge and microwave, toiletries, etc. It had more clothing storage space than some high-end hotels I've stayed at. In addition, there was a free computer and printer in the lobby. The breakfast was equally adequate and bland- waffle maker, breads and pastries, hard-boiled eggs. The desk was friendly enough, and my room was quiet and clean. The stairway carpeting did smell of old cigarettes, but not in my room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Initially made reservations for the Holiday Inn next door but after finding tiny red bugs and a hair from nowhere near a head in the tub, we moved to the Comfort Inn. We were put in the King size suite room. It was a strange layout with a funky smell. I was with my young daughter so I wanted to insure that this room would be better for us than our previous choice. I pulled out the sofa bed a little and there were no sheets on it, there were no sheets anywhere in the room. I checked the jacuzzi tub and sure enough there was a wad of hair on the side then several more caught in the drains. Went to the front desk and he was like a lost soul. He did not know where to find the sheets so had to look for them then handed them to me to take care of....He then did not know which cleaner he should use for the tub (a floor cleaner, or a general cleaner). He did come to the room and was very nice. Cleaned the tub twice....but then I unfolded the sofa bed all the way and guess what was there......all kinds of food crumbs and nastiness. I did not look too hard. He said he could bring me a vacuum I could use! Needless to say I was not pleased with either of my choices and as it turns out, both hotels were owned by the same person. I think he owns the third hotel in town and believe me it shows there as well. Not again if I don't have to!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Carol Stream, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

I booked the King Efficiency Suite. When I opened the door, the room was so cold, you could see your breath. I immediately turned the heater on, but after a half hour, it was no warmer. I went to the front desk and told the young man who switched my room to a Queen suite with a jacuzzi - same price. I don't know what they consider a suite - it had 2 queen beds, a microwave, and a small refrigerator - and oh yes, the jacuzzi. When I opened the refrigerator to put away my perishables, it was full of water defrosted from the freezer that apparently had been in there so long, that mold had started developing along the seam of the bottom drawer. After cleaning it up and starting the refrigerator, I decided to try the jacuzzi. When I opened the shower curtain, I was greeted with more mold - all around the walls and tub!! I went to the store and purchased a bottle of bleach- God only knows what other disgusting things were in that tub. When I got back, I again stopped at the front desk and informed the young man about the mold. He looked at me like I was speaking another language and said he didn't know what to do about mold. He then turned to a little girl that was sitting there and asked her when her father ( apparently the owner) would be back . I told him to please have the owner come down to my room and look at the mold. Needless to say, he never contacted me, so I cleaned the surface of the tub so I could at least feel comfortable taking a shower. I left the bleach in the hopes that they would get a clue .
They seem to have a shortage of towels also. It wasn't until 3 the next afternoon that I was able to get fresh towels. I asked housekeeping for some, but apparently they weren't dry yet. When I was leaving , I heard another guest of the hotel asking for clean towels and he was told the same thing I was the day before - "we don't have any yet, they're in the dryer."
I found the staff to be rude and very unaccomadating. My daughter and her family will be moving to that area soon. I was hoping to find a decnt place to stay when visiting. I guess I'll just keep looking.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
kansas city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

This is the best hotel in town. We opted for the 'suite' with two queen beds. The room isn't exactly a suite..just an oversized room with two queen beds/ mini fridge and microwave. We looked at the king suite with sofa sleeper, but a whirlpool tub in the middle of the room was too weird for me.
The complimentary breakfast isn't bad. Front desk HELPFUL and very nice. Indoor pool was a big plus for us. Good location...easy on and off the freeway with a SuperWalmart (relativelly new) across the street and some fast food restaurants nearby (Subway/ Wendy's/McDonalds etc). The hotel was less expensive than the Holiday Inn next door..even with AAA and AARP discounts.

Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Pontiac Inn? Share your experiences!