“Excellent and pet-friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Tatum
“Excellent and pet-friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

What a great deal with lq.com Last Minute Deals on a super comfortable room while traveling across the country with my malamute over Labor Day weekend! I'd booked a king bed but the woman at the front desk told me I was welcome to go check it first because the last couple had rejected it due to the citrus-y smell of the cleaning products. I opted for a first floor room with two queen beds instead, because my dog doesn't like stairs. The room was comfortable and clean. It was on the exit ramp side of the hotel and the road noise was hardly noticeable. Parking was ample and well-lit. The hotel was convenient to a number of restaurants. An excellent value, particularly if you can take advantage of their weekend deals!

• Liked — Convenience, cleaniless and value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

This is my second time visiting LaQuinta, I figured to share my experience on here! Last time I was there, I was so pleased with the front desk clerk, It was a young lady who had the biggest smile everytime we walk by her. The morning clerk wasn't really as smiley as the younger clerk at night, but it could be because of the early morning around 8-9, thats when we would go to breakfast! the breakfast was amazing!! the lady that helped keeping everything in place was a doll. Almost all the workers were so friendly. The second time we were there, we didn't get to see the same clerks, which was kind of weird because they all seemed like they would be there forever, they were happy all the time. it seems like the place is still in good shape. I would go back to stay there everytime I am in town. My kids kept asking about their friend (Else,front desk clerk) who helped them get toys for the pool. It was the best stay I have ever experienced. very warm clerks with lots of smiles! it was just slightly different this time since it's new employees.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

My family and I stayed at this hotel 9/21 -9/23 for a family reunion. We found the hotle to be very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were very nice and friendly. It is located w/in walking to several resturants plus Target.

Breakfast was plentiful for a continental style. The pool and hot tub were clean along with the pool area. We will definatly return to stay here in the future.

• Liked — The location and cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2006

I have stayed at this La Quinta several times, and have always had a pleasant experience. There is nothing too fancy about this hotel, but it is clean and located in a convenient area (easy access to I-80 and US-6). The best part is the lobby, which is very large and offers free coffee and pastries all day long. The ample seating makes for a great place to gather with friends and family, or to work, read, or relax outside of your room.

The rooms are average size, and very clean. Some of the carpets and furniture show their age, but are still pretty nice. Most of the staff is excellent, however, the overnight staff is a little more dubious. On two separate visits, every time I would return to the hotel late at night, the evening receptionist would be hanging out in the lobby with several of her friends. On two occasions I returned to her and her friends standing in the middle of the lobby with a case of beer in hand. If you’re within earshot, and they can’t see you, you will hear a verity of colorful language. If such language offends you, you may want to avoid this place. The aforementioned evening staff is still friendly, just deplorably unprofessional. It’s unfortunate that they are so unprofessional because the daytime staff is excellent!

Overall, the rooms are average but comfortable, and the hotel offers free wireless Internet. I would stay here again, however there is a Fairfield Inn next door that is very nice as well, so my decision would come down to which hotel has the best rate.

• Stayed April 2005
Orlando, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

My family stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Peru, Illinois. We had many rooms and all of us agreed that this was a great place to stay. It was clean and that is the #1 important thing to me. The staff was excellent and they put up with my older kids antics with a smile and a laugh! The free breakfast was good and more than adequate. The only thing wrong was that we couldn't stay longer!!!

Been to La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park? Share your experiences!