“Fantastic atmosphere and great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Illinois
“Fantastic atmosphere and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Driving to the restaurant doesn't seem very impressive, the exterior leads you to imagine what could be held within. Upon entering an immediate feeling of a romantic atmosphere overtakes your senses, while also leaving an avenue for a wholesome family experience.

the wait staff are very prompt, ensuring you have an opportunity to get your drinks to sip while perusing the menu. There are many specials to choose from, pasta, steak, chicken..... One can easily find the right meal to satisfy any craving. Appetizers are delivered quickly allowing you time to snack and enjoy the conversation of your party.

Meals are visually tasty as they are delivered to your table. Everyone at my table had very good comments on the appearance and taste of their meal. The stakes were cooked to order without going over or under in preparation. Very tasty, tender and filling. I will enjoy a meal here at every opportunity I get, even to the point I will gladly pay for a buddies meal. Of course I will always bring my wife, she really enjoyed the experience ( doesn't happen too often).

Lostant
“Our favorite place to dine in the Illinois Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Everything from top to bottom is outstanding at Mark Allen's. My wife and I have ate here many times over the years. The bartender Clint makes the best Long Island Iced Tea's. The waitresses are outstanding. Polite, quick and thoroughly professional. I love the ribs at Mark Allen's and my wife loves the Cajun pasta. But the steaks are delicious also! We love the atmosphere, very comfortable. My wife never argues with me when I suggest eating at Mark Allen's !!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Peru, Illinois, United States
“Winter Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

With this interminable winter still lingering, I wanted some comfort food. One of the features for the evening was cavatappi alfredo with grilled chicken. Yum! This is no boxed dinner. The cheese is flavorful, the pasta is just the right consistency, and the chicken was tender. The portion was enough for two meals. I will be ordering this again.

Ohio, IL
“BBQ RIBS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is our favorite place to have BBQ Ribs, they are excellent, but what else can you expect from a great place with excellent service and friendly faces. This is one of our favorite restaurants and the Margaritas are awesome!!

Skokie, IL
“Hope the Local Residents Appreciate You!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a gem that this city guy really did enjoy. We met the owner Mark and his Wife (sorry I cannot remember your name) they have done their time in the urban area and have decided to go back to their roots. I only hope that the locals appreciate their fine food.
I had the sirloin steak (I am very picky ask my wife) and it was very good. My wife had fish and she to enjoyed it a great deal.
It was a terribly cold, windy and snowy evening and they could not have been more friendly and “warm.”
What guy would not love a restaurant that has “Legos” on every table?

• Visited January 2014