“La Celebracion Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“La Celebracion Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

WELL, the "GREAT" TRIP ADVISOR reviews were correct. We go Mexican 1-3 times per week. I can honestly say that this was as good, if not the best I've had. Our ground beef chimichanga was super, in size & tasting. The beans & rice were great. The chips were the most tasty I've had. Thank-You, TRIP ADVISOR fans, for guiding me here. Beautiful decor, with music at the right level. Service was phenomenal. I met the owners, learning that they'd been here 20+ years. Glad we found it.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Good Mexican place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Everything we ordered was tasty and good. Service was fine. The folks at our hotel told us this was the better Mexican place in town. I liked their salsa. There were no negatives.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phelan, California
“Hola Great Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Mexican food was tasty well presented, nicely prices and authentic. They have a good menu which you can go back time after time and find something you haven't eaten before. Check it out if you are in Peru.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Looks sure can be deceiving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Not a fan. Was recommended this over Jalapeno's by the front desk at my hotel for being "more authentic" but this was not great at all. The one thing I will rave about is the salsa and chips that they bring out when you arrive. Excellent...and that's why they got a rating of 3 instead of 2 or less. I ordered a drink with limes on the side. The server asked, lemons or limes and I clarified limes. When my drink came out, there were no lemons OR limes. I ordered just some basic items like a steak taco. It was very tasty until I bit down into a huge piece of fat and gristle. That totally turned me off. The enchilada and refried beans were totally flavorless and what is up with your flautas? Isn't a flauta supposed to be in a fried corn tortilla? It was fried in something that tasted like a pie crust...just horrible. I will not waste my time coming here again...too many other places that can do better even if they're just mediocre.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
La Salle, Illinois
“Magnifico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

First time I've eaten here and was very pleased! I try to judge a Mexican restaurant by their salsa (I'm a salsa addict) and theirs is really good! I also had a frozen strawberry Margarita that was very tasty (want to try the Mango one next time). Had a combination meal that was very filling: taco, tamale and chile relleno with rice and beans. Ate the taco the next day and it was surprisingly really good! My fiancé got the steak and shrimp and asked to have it cooked medium but when he got it, it was well done and tough. They immediately brought him a new steak cooked the way he wanted. Food was great, service was a bit slow I thought but it was a Friday night and they were busy. Reasonably priced too! Much better than the other Mexican restaurant close by. Easily accessible off of I-80 and route 251. Will absolutely eat here again in the near future. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone travelling through or a local.

• Visited March 2014