“Hampton Inn Peru” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Peru
Peoria, United States
“Hampton Inn Peru”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had a second trip to this area and chose not to stay in this hotel again. For a new hotel at over $100 per night there should not be plumbing issues. I notified the front desk of the issue and the response was sorry about that, hope the rest of your stay was good.

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winnebago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This seems to be a unnecessary requirement. I have already filled out the survey and told you that the hotel was excellent. If you wish me to fill out any additional surveys you will not require any more foolish questions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Wheeling, WV, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our family was attending a wedding and we all stayed at Hampton Inn, Peru/LaSalle. It was a wonderful wedding and a very pleasant stay at this Hotel. We shall stay there again when visiting Per/LaSalle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice and quiet, great & helpful staff. The property sits right up against a vast amount of farmland, yet is easily accessible. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever visiting the Peru, IL area

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Loved my first room but a toilet leak made it necessary to move. No one helped me move which is difficult to do by oneself at 1 a.m. Did not like the second room as much. Woman on desk came to my rescue when their little store did not have hair spray. She let me use some from her personal bottle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Carey A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Peru, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Carey Ailor
Hampton Inn & Suites, Peru
peoria, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed here a lot. The staff is great!!!Good location right off of interstate 80 in Peru IL. Lots of great neighborhood bars to eat and drink at. I cant say enough about how great the staff and the manager are!!! They make you feel at home

San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the third time staying at this hotel, and I was very dissapointed the way the front desk staff (Sascha and Samantha) had treated this Diamond VIP Hilton Honors member. It appears that this Hampton no longer reads the room preferences for their guest. I was surprised that after arguing with Sascha when I checked in that I was offered a room on the ground level as my profile states.

My stay went downhill quickly. I was frustrated that the exercise equipment is not maintained, and after several calls to the front desk, the washer in the laundry room was also out of service during my entire three day stay. I guess there are no plumbers or service companies situated in the Peru Ill area. Did I mention that the jacuzzi was also out of service? This hotel is not properly managed nor maintained. (Pictures included) Add insult to injury, I requested a water bottle from the front desk and Samantha stated that there would be a $1.50 charge. Looks like I'll pass on the water, and consider other hotels who appreciate their customer loyalty.

I was looking forward to this Hampton Inn because it's close by to my work location, but I willl have to settle for the La Quinta next door.

Room Tip: Choose the La Quinta or Fairfield Suites next door!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carey A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Peru, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Urias,

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. We do have replacement parts ordered but they had not arrived during your stay. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Carey Ailor
Carey.Ailor@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Peru? Share your experiences!