“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

After my overnight stay at The Old Rectory I have to say that I was hugely impressed. It all starts with the welcome for me, and a huge welcome is what you get from both of it's owners Lynda & Colin, and after what can so sometimes be a long journey, this can be much needed. I was given my key and shown up to my room, and for a B&B I couldn't get over the size of the room allocated. This en suite double room was very comfortable and impeccably clean.

After settling in nicely I went into the local village for a bite to eat at a pub that Polly my researcher had also chosen and features in the Wiltshire restaurant section. Upon returning to the Old Rectory, I was greeted by the owners who proceeded to ask if I fancied a hot chocolate… how could I possibly resist! After what turned out to be the best nights sleep I'd had in 6 days travelling, I headed downstairs for a wonderful breakfast of 'Poached Eggs & Smoked Salmon' with great coffee, true breakfast heaven! The owners obviously put enormous importance on sending their guests on their way not feeling hungry!

Lynda and Colin are great hosts. The Old Rectory is just a short drive to attractions such as Stonehenge, Longleat and Stourhead The Old Rectory is also an ideal base to visit the Medieval City of Salisbury and the beautiful Roman city of Bath,

Joshua Stevenson (Travel Journalist)

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Although we only stayed one night, the hosts Lynda & Colin, made us feel especially welcome. From the moment we booked the family room, after chatting to Lynda, I knew we had made a good choice. It is listed as a bed and breakfast, but the quality of the rooms and fittings were better than many hotels I have stayed in.
The family room, was two separate rooms linked with an adjoining door, the children had two big beds to sleep in and enough play space on the floor to build the Lego. The main bedroom had a large comfortable bed, with plenty of cupboard space, tea and coffee, TV on the wall.
The breakfast in the morning was plentiful, great selection of cooked food, cereals, juice etc
The location is just off the A303, but they have a big drive to park in and I could not hear any traffic. A great spot to visit Longleat for the day or Avebury.
Lastly, Lynda & Colin are exceptional hosts, warm, friendly and could not help us enough to make our stay wonderful. Better than excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Amazing place to stay...They make you feel so welcomed it's truly great to stay up here...it was only 19mins from Longleat and after we went to Salisbury with the helpful direction from the wonderful owners...truly amazing

• Stayed April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I had a great holiday here. Lynda & Colin are great hosts with good advice and ideas when required. Breakfast was great with a good choice of cooked to order food plus different fresh fruit each day. Plenty to do in and area the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just Stayed for 4 nights in this lovely B&B .The owners going out of their way to provide you with good service .Although we have visited this area quite often as it is not that far from home Lynne was still able to come up with little gems each day of something different for us to see.If you were new to this area then the list of places to visit would be endless .It is close to Longleat,Stonehenge,Stourhead and Salisbury.I was a little concerned as the house is just off the busy A303 but once inside was amazed at how quiet and peaceful it was in our room .There are only 3 guest rooms which are all on the third floor of this impressive property and we were fortunate to get a free upgrade to the family suite which would have been ideal for a family .We were greeted with tea and cake on arrival and the breakfast was cooked to perfection.There is also ample off road parking .If you are looking for somewhere to stay in this locality I can not see how you could find better hospitality than the Old Rectory

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went away for my boyfriends 27th birthday, the old rectory was prefect for our stay and catered our every need (and more). We stayed here for two nights in 2 of the rooms, the service was lovely! So helpful and friendly, and the rooms were very nice! I would most definitely recommend staying here for anyone of any age, the rooms are very homely and the area is lovely.

• Stayed November 2013
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We could not have been made more welcome! The attention to detail in the Family Suite guaranteed a delightful stay. Run by a charming family who truly believe in hospitality, this calm, beautiful house is simply a pleasure from arrival, through a cosy night in a superb bed, to a tasty, well-presented breakfast to the final farewell. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to The Old Rectory? Share your experiences!