“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monkton Farleigh
The Kings Arms
You added The Kings Arms to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   Monkton Farleigh, Monkton Farleigh BA15 2QH, England   |
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed here as a couple with our One year old little girl. The place is gorgeous, spotlessly clean with a real cosy feeling. We stayed in Room 2 which was spacious, lovely soft bed, clean bathroom and big flat screen tv. The restaurant and bar is lovely, I especially liked breakfast as its really intimate all the cereals are laid out along with fresh fruit but its all done in such a rustic way that you almost wish it was winter so you could curl up in front of the fire with your bowl of porridge! Unfortunately for us it poured with rain for 3 days but it would have been lovely to have seen the sun as you can sit out in the garden or go for a walk round the village and in the woods. I would definitely re visit this place you will not be disappointed it really is very charming. We drove into Bath which took about 10 minutes but we was prepared to do this anyway, don't stay here if you think you can walk into Bath as you would be disappointed. This really is a hidden gem.

Room Tip: Apparently Room 3 is the one to opt for!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Birmingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in May as a double celebration and wasn't disappointed with our selection!

We had booked room 1 which is the smallest of the 3 rooms so i imagine the other 2 are huge as it was a good size! The bathroom was also nice and roomy and had a lovely shower.

We ate a couple of meals in the restaurant and was impressed with the standard of food and service. If we lived closer it would certainly be on our list of places to go for a lazy sunday afternoon lunch. There is also an excellent selection of wine and delicious cocktails. Breakfast is also very good, although i did miss the coffee making facilities in the room.

We felt it was a good location but might not be for you if you want to be in the centre of Bath. We got a taxi to the city which cost £15 each way.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and Sam and the team made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at the end of last year booking through Mr & Mrs Smith we got a complimentary bottle of fizzy. On arrival after a long friday night journey the man checking us in thoughtfully asked if we would like our fizzy straight away - we did! He showed us to the medium sized room the large room we had wanted with the roll top bath was already booked, one for next time I think. He also bought olives and nuts with the fizzy and these were also complimentary. The room was lovely, very comfy bed and fab bathroom with REN smellies. We had dinner that evening and the food and service were very good as was the breakfast the next morning. If you are planning a weekend in Bath this is ideal as long as you have a car to get into town although I suspect a taxi wouldn't cost much and you wouldn't have to worry about the nightmare that is parking in central Bath!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were in Bath for a rugby match, and I struggled to find somewhere to stay in the centre of Bath for just one night, so looked further afield, and came across The Kings Arms. I'm so pleased I did! It was a really good local village pub with just 3 rooms. We booked Rooms 2 and 3, for myself and husband and my parents. My parents had room 3 which was huge! We had room 2 which was a decent size, good bathroom and faciliites. We ate in the pub in the evening and were pleased we did, very good fresh, well cooked food.

Only slight criticism was the pillows ... feather - I would have preferred something a bit firmer, but that's a personal preference, but would have been good to have the option. All in all highly recommended - just wish we had a bit more time there!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stayed here on 11 November for 2 nights as a treat for our 2nd anniversary.

Felt genuinely welcomed from the moment we walked through the door, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

We stayed in room 1 and my only criticism was that it was too warm, but some people may prefer it that way. We literally had to turn all the radiators off as we found it too warm at night.

Great breakfasts (I had the full english both mornings) and the food in the restaurant was fantastic and reasonably priced. Good selection of drinks including cocktails.

All in all a really good stay - perfect for exploring Bath and the surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Having decided to spend a couple of relaxing days in Bath I came across the excellent reviews of the Kings Arms on the internet. My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night, mid-week and had a lovely stay. The food was superb and the staff very friendly and helpful.

For the most part I agree with the other reviews that this is a great place to stay but we found the location less convenient for Bath than others have done and I think for a short stay like ours it would have been better to stay in the city centre. The taxi journey was longer than we anticipated due to traffic (despite not travelling at rush hour it took us 30 minutes) and cost £20 each way - a lot more than I had expected.

I was also a little disappointed that there were no tea and coffee facilities in the room and although the staff kindly brought us up a pot of tea, a charge for this was added to our bill at the end of our stay. Although this is only a minor complaint, I think when your paying £120 for a room this does leave you feeling a little surprised.

If you're aware of the distance and it isn't a problem for your stay I'm sure you will have a wonderful visit here most of the praise I've read for this place is totally deserved

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin , Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

arrived there last week after a very very wet day at the Ryder Cup in Newport . a realy quaint romantic old world english pub in a very quite village yet only 15 minutes from Bath . only 3 boutique bedrooms - ours with a fabolous bathroom , bathrobes + slipper ! .top class food in the restuarant/pub which was comfortably busy .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kings Arms? Share your experiences!