“Food is ok but the environment is a mess” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: German
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Food is ok but the environment is a mess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I should tell here right away, I am a German, living over seven years in the U.S. so means, I did adapt myself already to the surrounding and conditions here.
I travel for business 250days/year and I see really a lot in this world but this restaurant that called themselves a German restaurant is a shame for everyone born in Germany.
I attaché to this review a couple pictures, where you could see what I am talking about.
Last year I went there because my customer invited me to go and this year I have been at that place because my friend wanted to get German food.
Well, the food looks German but the staff doesn’t even know that the sausage comes from Sheboygan, Wisconsin and taste not anyhow German as the whole environment isn’t either.
They really put onto the wall photos and pictures from the second world war, glorifying the WAFFEN SS, that was the special force from Hitler (an Austrian) and that did more damage to the human race then everything else in that world.
The owner can’t be German and it is a shame how they introduce the German culture to the Americans.
I saw last year how they put the flag from Austria on the table outside.
Well, People that know the history know too, that a German would never do that.
On the other picture you can see on the left upper corner the sign from Wien, the capital of Austria.
A German would have no reason to put this kind of sign into the restaurant.
Well, this restaurant has nothing to do with Germany, they culture and pride and I am ashamed to be called a German when I am at that place.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Vientiane, Laos
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We always love to go to the Bier Stube when we are in Chicago. Great food and great service!

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South suburbs
“AWFUL food, freezing cold restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Went for lunch in January 2010... the interior of the restaurant was colder than it was outside.
We have been to The Bier Stube many times over the last several years and the service and food quality has steadily been on a decline. The wait staff was unattentive and difficult to understand. Our last visit was our FINAL VISIT! We had to keep our coats on during the entire meal, due to the cold! Our food was overcooked and the waiter seemed unconcerned that it was uneaten... he merely asked if we wanted to take it home and when he was told that it was unedible, he removed our plates and walked away...
I don't see this establishment staying in business unless big changes are made by the management! GOOD LUCK!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere