“Lifesaver...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 23 hotels in Peoria
Nashville, Tennessee
“Lifesaver...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family had accomodations at the Baymont next door to the Courtyard and the motel was so bad we couldn't stay. We were able to walk right in to the Courtyard, get adjoining rooms for two nights. The staff was very friendly. The hotel has been updated in the past year and a half. The rooms were comforatable and clean. My only complaint would be that breakfast was not included in the price of the room. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. I value peace and quiet and it was quiet on Friday. Saturday was another story. We had come back to the room around 3:30 PM for a nap and we knew we were in trouble when we ran into a rowdy bridal party in the lobby carrying up cases of beer. The room next to us was some sort of pre-party room and they were very noisy and we could hear everything going on. We were not well-rested for our own event that night. We left and returned at midnight and thankfully everything was quiet- until 1:30 when the wedding guests returned. I chose Marriott over other chains in the area because I thought I would get what I paid for but apparently that does not include sound proofing.

When I checked out Sunday morning, there was a note at the desk saying the clerk was away "assisting another customer". Right outside the front doors, we could see the clerk smoking a cigarette! If they are going to be "away" from the desk, they should at least be in a place where I can't see them and smoking is not assisting someone!

Other issues encountered:
Room had no extra blankets on the bed or in the closet. We had to ask for one at the front desk.
Room was nice and appeared to recently been redone or cleaned because there was a strong smell of either carpet or carpet glue. The stairwell had the same smell.
One of the side doors was unable to be accessed due to construction.
Multiple parking spaces were blocked to cars due to storage pods being on them.
Would like to see a fan in the bathroom
Would like to have ability to recycle in room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Peoria, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear A C,
Thank you for taking time to review the Courtyard Peoria. I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. I will make sure to remind my front desk staff about our break policies. I am also sorry that noisy guests kept you from enjoying your stay. In the future we would be more than happy to take care of a noise issue if you let us know about it. I hope with our efforts to improve that you might stay with us again should you find yourself in the Peoria area.

Sara H
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very nice and the room was super clean and a nice clue of how clean the maintaince man was pressure washing the parking lot. I love the new remodel great look and the lobby was a wonderful place to sit and eat when working

• Stayed June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas and again in April to visit family in Peoria. The staff is friendly and the rooms are large, comfortable, and clean at reasonable rates. We never tried the swimming pool as we keep on forgetting our swimming stuff. We love the breakfast and the cosy breakfast area/ lobby. Definitely our favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We ended up here after the Springhill Suites fiasco. The staff tried to accommodate us as well as they could but it was not the vacation experience we had signed up for. The heated pool was very nice. They brought in a rolling cot to make up for the sofabed we were supposed to have at the other property. This location is not easy to find and not walking distance to anything. Altho near the Northwoods Mall, you need a car to get to anything. But we really appreciated the extra effort all the staff made to be customer friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard recently whilst on business from the UK. It was booked for me so I wasn't sure what to expect. I noticed the warnings on Trip Advisor and the GPS information on the hotels site regarding finding the place and did some homework before I left.
The hotel isn't difficult to find but it is slighlt frustrating to have to drive through the back of the Northwoods Mall car park to get to the hotel every time. It is a shame that the hotel doesn't have a better entrance. That said once you have found it once then it is easy again.
The hotel check in was fine, no problems here and the room allocated was on the second floor. The room was large and comfortable with nothing either out of the ordinary or lacking. It was a typical hotel room. Everything was clean and presentable.
I had a problem on the first night when the smoke alarm battery failed and started to chirp every few minutes. The staff were very apologetic and changed the alarm straight away, crediting my rewards points to say sorry.
The only real let down is the food. By this I don't mean the staff or service just the choice. I found after a few days it was limited and wanted something different. What they did have was tasty. There is a small market in the foyer selling pre packed "plastic" food if you can be bothered to get fresh!
I would recommend the hotel but I would try another before coming back to see what the standard in Peoria is.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hotel was more than I would of ever imagined!!! Pool was warm as bath water!! Love that's its 100% handicapped accessible even the pool!!! Breakfast was to die for especially since its all made to order!!! I highly highly recommend this hotel and will only stay here when we travel to Peoria!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in king with two babies and a teenager and had more than enough room!!