“Pleasant discovery in Peoria” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Peoria to your Saves list
Super 8 Peoria
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1816 W War Memorial Drive, Peoria, IL 61614   |
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Peoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alton, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Super 8 was a great price, clean, fine bathroom, nice workers and the breakfast that was included was good too! The Super 8 is not for someone looking for a fancy stay but rather just looking for a place to sleep and shower.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tonya P, General Manager at Super 8 Peoria, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Angela:

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Peoria Super 8. I am pleased to hear that it was a great value and the rooms were clean, and everything worked properly. I am glad you were able to enjoy our Super Start Breakfast during your stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Peoria Area.
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I travel 300 nights a year .. Plus!! So I try to find economical.. And clean.. The amenities are not that important to me.. I mean I want a comfy bed.. But cleanliness is what I really want.. They had me in smoking rooms.. And they were bad!! The smell. They were not vacuumed.. The first room 320 had some stuff on the bed.. Looked like parts of an insect .. So I got another.. (I get 3-4 rooms each stay). All rooms were not vacuumed. The toilets were dirty.. Pee on the floor in 318! I was shocked the reviews were good.. I used to work for a hotel. In the QC department.... So I check out everything.. Starting with lobby.. Which was ok.. Then elevator.. Wow.. Was dirty.. Needed cleaning badly... The halls were bad.. Maybe the non smoking rooms are better.. But I want to say thanks to the manager for letting me check back out and giving me a refund for all 3 rooms. Which means she is customer service oriented.,this hotel my be one of the best In the area.. I drove to Galesburg .. Paid more.. Which sucks.. But with one kid being allergic to smoke and pets.. It was BEST to go to an all NONSMOKING HOTEL.. Would I stay again?? Maybe in a non smoking..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Karen:
I was unhappy to hear that you had to drive all the way to Galesburg for a room. I also do apologize for your rooms not being as clean as they should have been. Please call us direct the next time you are in the area so we can get you a room that is nonsmoking.
Franklin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a very ordinary motel. I've stayed there before. It is a little expensive for what it is but I believe that is the market in Peoria. I had to clean the coffee pot prior to use as there was an odor and dried up coffee residue caked on the filter holder. Other than that, it is OK.
The staff was friendly to me but not to someone they talked to on the phone. She did not want to provide a credit card as she was driving and the staff didn't seem to want her to stay there - "If she doesn't show up by "###" cancel her. I don't think they were full and they could/should have been more receptive and not make the negative comments in front of other customers. With that said, they were quite cordial to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Gary:

I do apologize that you had to clean your coffee pot in order for you to use it. I have addressed this issue with the Housekeeping staff. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly, but I do appreciate you bring to my attention the phone conversation you overheard while waiting in the lobby. I will address this with all of the staff so this won’t happen again.

Been to Super 8 Peoria? Share your experiences!