“Slept Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Slept Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

A lot of negative reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor, so I was somewhat apprehensive re: what to expect. Perhaps I judge hotels differently than others. For me, I judge a hotel by how well I slept there.

The rooms were quiet, the beds comfortable, the air conditioning work great, the TV worked fine, the food was fine, the bartender had a great personality and was funny....what more do you want from a hotel?

Plenty of free parking - validate your ticket at the front desk. Convenient location to downtown and hospitals, easy access to the highways.

Bottom line, I slept like a baby and was very comfortable. Thumbs up from me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wonder Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is an older hotel but has many updates. The beds are excellent, the staff is very nice and the location is fantastic. It is located downtown near the Civic Center and all the other amenities that Peoria has to offer. The biggest problem for me was the garage parking, the ceiling seems low for a pick up truck to fit, but it did fit.

Room Tip: Make sure to confirm with the Hotel what size bed you will be getting before you arrive at the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Frankfort, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Conveniently located, nice clean rooms, decent price, very professional and helpful staff. Pass on the restaurant!!!!! Saturday morning had the buffet. Most of the food was cold and tasteless. Sunday we tried again. About 10 AM, no hostess to seat anyone, had to grab a seat when someone got up. Waited 20 minutes for a waitress to clean the table and take our order. This time we ordered off the menu to get hot food. 35 minutes later with no coffee refills or food we left without eating. They were busy but very disorganized. Need a new manager who knows something about running a restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay here but plan to eat elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
East Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Worst experience ever! I booked a room for one night and left the next day and was charged for 3!! They set me up with room 831 and i was given keys to 831 and when I left the next day I turned in my keys for 831. Then i get a call from Kraig the security guy, calling me at home at 3:00 am, saying I will be charged for a completely different room than the one I am staying in!! I wasted hours with these people and the manager won't talk to me but he has his security guy call me at 3 in the morning??!! Uncalled for! Unacceptable! This hotel deals in underhand dealings! And none of the staff cared! Never Again! Avoid Avoid Avoid!

Room Tip: Do not Stay here! Save yourself the hassle!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear theunluckycustomer,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your experience further and to ensure that you were charged correctly. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Peoria was a good one.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week along with many other teams during the World Series of softball the week of 7/22. The cleaning, maintenance and front desk staff were wonderful and tried very hard but this Sheraton is poorly run. I'm guessing they are not used to being busy and even knowing they would be at capacity were not prepared. The good - beds were comfortable, service staff were kind and helpful, we had a nice view of DT Peoria and the river, easy access to highways. The bad - rooms are in dire need of a thorough cleaning (under beds etc), 1 of 2 lobby elevators was out during our stay - we were told all week by staff the motor was on its way but learned as the week progresses from business travelers who stay here regularly it had been broken for MONTHS! With 2 little ones and a ton of softball gear stairs were not an option and we had to leave 20-30m early for the elevator. There is only 1 set of washer/ dryer for guests of the hotel. The hot tub was broken. The signage inside the hotel was poor. Also. The waitress we had at the onsite restaurant was overwhelmed, charged us incorrectly and insisted we pay for drinks that weren't ours just because she had rung them incorrectly (we didn't).
Aside from the hotel, DT Peoria is really quiet, a bit of activity down by the riverfront but not much. There was a Joe's Crab Shack and a great pizza place we went to while there but a lot of things were shut down and we spent more time on the other side of the river. I'm a Starwood Preferred member and stay at a lot of Starwood properties, overall I would say this one did not live up to expectations.

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Jaguilar24,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, service and location. We apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator. This has been resolved. We hope we can make this up to you should you give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your experience further. Take care!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was looking forward to using and building my status with spg so I chose this hotel. I realize now I should have checked the reviews here first! First of all it took forever for me to find my room, considering the signage listing didn't even include my room number. After three trips to the front desk for directions (dragging my luggage) I found that my room was with the indoor pool and no outside window (never mind that my reservation read "river/city view"). I figured I could live with the pool right outside my door even if I don't swim, but I couldn't live with the dead drain flies on the windowsill or the ants crawling in the bathroom. Seriously! Three calls from the house phone to the front desk went unanswered so I called the hotel from my cell phone as I was repacking my bag...again no answer. The worst was the total lack of reaction from the desk clerk when I told him I'm leaving...it was as if he hears this regularly! It's a shame because its a good location and nice building, lobby etc. and there's no other Starwood property in the area. Oh well, at least I found another room nearby much nicer and less expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear MWMan,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Peoria was a good one.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Aside from the outdated tired decor and state of the property, the service is really spotty. I waited 90 minutes for room service because they forgot my order and had a hard time reaching the front desk, room service and guest services by phone. Probably the most disappointing Four Points I've stayed in, the Marriott down the street looks much nicer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear mcamym,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Great customer service is very important to us and we will ensure that we implement the necessary trainings to ensure that we are delivering great guest experiences. Please contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Peoria was a good one.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!