“Nice downtown hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Wonder Lake, Illinois
“Nice downtown hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is an older hotel but has many updates. The beds are excellent, the staff is very nice and the location is fantastic. It is located downtown near the Civic Center and all the other amenities that Peoria has to offer. The biggest problem for me was the garage parking, the ceiling seems low for a pick up truck to fit, but it did fit.

Room Tip: Make sure to confirm with the Hotel what size bed you will be getting before you arrive at the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Frankfort, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Conveniently located, nice clean rooms, decent price, very professional and helpful staff. Pass on the restaurant!!!!! Saturday morning had the buffet. Most of the food was cold and tasteless. Sunday we tried again. About 10 AM, no hostess to seat anyone, had to grab a seat when someone got up. Waited 20 minutes for a waitress to clean the table and take our order. This time we ordered off the menu to get hot food. 35 minutes later with no coffee refills or food we left without eating. They were busy but very disorganized. Need a new manager who knows something about running a restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay here but plan to eat elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
East Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Worst experience ever! I booked a room for one night and left the next day and was charged for 3!! They set me up with room 831 and i was given keys to 831 and when I left the next day I turned in my keys for 831. Then i get a call from Kraig the security guy, calling me at home at 3:00 am, saying I will be charged for a completely different room than the one I am staying in!! I wasted hours with these people and the manager won't talk to me but he has his security guy call me at 3 in the morning??!! Uncalled for! Unacceptable! This hotel deals in underhand dealings! And none of the staff cared! Never Again! Avoid Avoid Avoid!

Room Tip: Do not Stay here! Save yourself the hassle!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear theunluckycustomer,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your experience further and to ensure that you were charged correctly. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Peoria was a good one.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week along with many other teams during the World Series of softball the week of 7/22. The cleaning, maintenance and front desk staff were wonderful and tried very hard but this Sheraton is poorly run. I'm guessing they are not used to being busy and even knowing they would be at capacity were not prepared. The good - beds were comfortable, service staff were kind and helpful, we had a nice view of DT Peoria and the river, easy access to highways. The bad - rooms are in dire need of a thorough cleaning (under beds etc), 1 of 2 lobby elevators was out during our stay - we were told all week by staff the motor was on its way but learned as the week progresses from business travelers who stay here regularly it had been broken for MONTHS! With 2 little ones and a ton of softball gear stairs were not an option and we had to leave 20-30m early for the elevator. There is only 1 set of washer/ dryer for guests of the hotel. The hot tub was broken. The signage inside the hotel was poor. Also. The waitress we had at the onsite restaurant was overwhelmed, charged us incorrectly and insisted we pay for drinks that weren't ours just because she had rung them incorrectly (we didn't).
Aside from the hotel, DT Peoria is really quiet, a bit of activity down by the riverfront but not much. There was a Joe's Crab Shack and a great pizza place we went to while there but a lot of things were shut down and we spent more time on the other side of the river. I'm a Starwood Preferred member and stay at a lot of Starwood properties, overall I would say this one did not live up to expectations.

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Jaguilar24,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, service and location. We apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator. This has been resolved. We hope we can make this up to you should you give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your experience further. Take care!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was looking forward to using and building my status with spg so I chose this hotel. I realize now I should have checked the reviews here first! First of all it took forever for me to find my room, considering the signage listing didn't even include my room number. After three trips to the front desk for directions (dragging my luggage) I found that my room was with the indoor pool and no outside window (never mind that my reservation read "river/city view"). I figured I could live with the pool right outside my door even if I don't swim, but I couldn't live with the dead drain flies on the windowsill or the ants crawling in the bathroom. Seriously! Three calls from the house phone to the front desk went unanswered so I called the hotel from my cell phone as I was repacking my bag...again no answer. The worst was the total lack of reaction from the desk clerk when I told him I'm leaving...it was as if he hears this regularly! It's a shame because its a good location and nice building, lobby etc. and there's no other Starwood property in the area. Oh well, at least I found another room nearby much nicer and less expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear MWMan,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Peoria was a good one.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Aside from the outdated tired decor and state of the property, the service is really spotty. I waited 90 minutes for room service because they forgot my order and had a hard time reaching the front desk, room service and guest services by phone. Probably the most disappointing Four Points I've stayed in, the Marriott down the street looks much nicer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear mcamym,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Great customer service is very important to us and we will ensure that we implement the necessary trainings to ensure that we are delivering great guest experiences. Please contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Peoria was a good one.
Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hope you packed patience in your luggage; you're going to need some extra if you stay here.
We were part of the Girls Softball World Series for our M - F stay in downtown Peoria, IL. The hotel was teaming with many families, all with gear that goes along with this type of event. My daughter booked the room in February. The hotel canceled the booking 2 weeks prior to the stay. The only way she found out they had done so was through an email from the father of a member of the team; he had received an email asking how his stay at the hotel went. When he called the hotel to say he wasn't due to arrive for another couple of weeks, he was informed that they couldn't find a reservation for him for the date he gave. They did find a room for him. Subsequently, the team parent sent out an info email to other parents. There were other such happenstances with others. Could need to retrain reservationists and keep an eye on the process. This needs to be a focus of management.
During our stay, only one of the two lobby elevators were working. They opened up the tiny maintenance elevator at the back of the hotel. It was difficult squeezing softball equipment & cleaning trolleys together along with people. Plan to leave 20-30 minutes to wait for the elevator. Of course, you could use the stairs.
Our room was clean, but do check under the beds. We had candy, feathers, & could tell it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Also, the tub had a chunk taken out of the enamel on the top. However, the beds & bedding were clean & comfortable. We had two double beds & could see the river. Currently, only floors 6 & above have small refrigerators if you need one. The opposite side of the hallway either look into or down on the hotel parking garage. It was nice to have the garage connected to the hotel.
The cleaning staff was fantastic, friendly, & responsive. They are the jewels of this property. I need to give kudos to the maintenance man, too. He was quick & helpful in repairing a broken chain in the tank of the toilet. YAY!
We did receive cocktail tickets, which was nice. A buffet breakfast was provided on the lower level, as part of the GSWS attendees. Food was prepared nicely & had a good variety. The room was difficult to find the first time. Needed to have more signage pointing the way.
Downtown Peoria is quite quiet. There wasn't much goin on. Call restaurants before you go; they may have closed.
Speaking of restaurants...there is a bar & restaurant (used to be a Benigan's) at the hotel. Slow service, mixed up bills (check the items & price; we were handed a bill that had another group's bar bill on it.), & had to ask for flatware AFTER our food was served. There is a pizza place about a block away that delivers.

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Eledind,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Unfortunately the new elevator motor we ordered was delayed, thus we were down an elevator during your visit. We sincerely apologize for the reservation confusion. We have had some staff changes and will do our best to ensure that we are consistently delivering great customer service. Please contact me at lrose@fourpointspeoria.com should you wish to discuss your experience further. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Peoria and the softball tournament was a good one.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!